Re: [OPEN] Holiday Gnomes keep spawning seed packets

by iReplenishM67

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I think that the cause of the glitch might be when you leave your lot during harvestfest, after appeasing the gnomes, then come back to your lot after harvestfest is over. That's what happened in my newest game anyway, and I'd never seen this bug during any harvestfests before now. 

Message 21 of 39 (1,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree with the other person who said not to leave households during holidays. Once the holiday ends, it also helps to place the gnomes into the household inventory until right before the next holiday. (This might not work if the gnome still has the halo over its head.) If you absolutely must leave the household early, end Harvestfest. As long as you have already filled all the requirements for the holiday, your Sim will still get the good moodlet and aspiration points. Just be advised that the holiday will not necessarily end for the next household you open.

Message 22 of 39 (1,939 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

This isn't game breaking but it is annoying.. I've never used cheats or mods for simoleans and this bug pretty much gives you unlimited money.

Waiting now to see if next "Harvestfest" will fix the glitch. I don't think I ever left my lot during Harvestfest but I'm not sure. I did change my season days setting from 7 to 14 but I didn't "apply changes". immediately changed it back to 7 days without saving.

At this point I've opened every seeds packet they dropped (around 200+ maybe?) Hoping that would fix it but it didn't. 

**Side note** do fruit and vegetables expire when stored in the refrigerator? Why doesn't the refrigerator have a storage limit?? 

New DLC? 

((i have all expansions and game packs. also have pet stuff, fitness stuff, laundry stuff, romantic garden stuff and spooky stuff. didn't download them in order though)) 

Message 23 of 39 (1,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

The following Harvestfest FIXED the issue. Made sure I didn't leave the lot during Harvestfest. The halos and fire went away over the gnomes. And I can confirm they're not dropping seed packets or breaking stuff anymore .

Message 24 of 39 (1,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

Experiencing the same - gnome just does not stop spawning seed packets.

Message 25 of 39 (1,865 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Happened to me too several times... I usually end up just deleting the gnomes...

Message 26 of 39 (1,859 Views)

Champion

I've had this before, but not in a while, when all of a sudden I had it happen again.  I agree with @TheChainedMan  and @sleekoduck87  that this is tied to your Sim leaving their home lot during Harvestfest.! :ealight_bulk: I hadn't had this happen in a while because I was playing families who stayed on the lot for the holiday, but when it started happening again, it was with a single sim that I had go to a friend's house for Harvestfest. (I wanted her to get those holiday interactions in, and I didn't feel like entertaining at my Sim's home Embarrassed)  

Usually the Gnomes stop moving around and stop giving seed packets at 2:00 am when the holiday officially ends, but when I returned to her home lot, the Gnomes were stationary, but still gave out their seed packets! :eahigh_file:Large smile  These pictures were taken at the end of Spring! I'm hoping to see if the end of the next Harvestfest cancels the glitch out or not! ThinkingNerd

02-20-19_12-41-34 AM.png02-20-19_12-41-48 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 39 (1,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It Happens to me aswell, what i do after the holiday is over, is that i delete the gnomes. 

Message 28 of 39 (1,828 Views)

★ Apprentice
The issue is that, with enough seed packets, your sims run into routing problems. In the penthouse, mine couldn't find their way to work or their way to one of the bathrooms. Plenty of workarounds, but we don't need *that* many seed packets...!
Message 29 of 39 (1,808 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Wow that is excessive, they should spawn seeds through fall after the holidays if they are happy, but not in the winter or spring occasionally in the Summer.

Message 30 of 39 (1,799 Views)