Re: [OPEN] Holiday Gnomes keep spawning seed packets

by vampellia

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Holiday Gnomes keep spawning seed packets

Hero
I'm not 100% if this can be counted as a bug but I'm basically separating the two holiday gnome issues so that the apartment issue has it's own thread.

Anyways, added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 39 (2,219 Views)

★ Pro

This is definitely a bug/glitch, as I have been through more than a dozen Harvestfests without this occurring. I stored a couple of my favorite gnomes in my family inventory and sold the rest. After this gamesaves 5th Harvestfest it did not happen again, the gnomes deactivated as soon as the holiday finished, which is what I believe should happen and did happen on all my previous holiday's.

Its by no means a major bug though but I am sure it should not be happening.

Message 12 of 39 (2,198 Views)

Champion

@Here4Snacks, that is an excellent idea for those who don't want that many seed packs!  But I agree with you that free stuff is goodLarge smile:eahigh_file:  My main problem with this is that it takes forever to pick up all those packs, and then it also takes a long time to open them up.  I wish there was an interaction that either my Sim could pick them up one at a time (like putting books back on the shelf) or picking them all up at once (like harvesting every plant in a given area for experienced gardeners.)!  Wizard

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 39 (2,095 Views)

★★ Guide

@PugLove888 wrote:

@Here4Snacks, that is an excellent idea for those who don't want that many seed packs!  But I agree with you that free stuff is goodLarge smile:eahigh_file:  My main problem with this is that it takes forever to pick up all those packs, and then it also takes a long time to open them up.  I wish there was an interaction that either my Sim could pick them up one at a time (like putting books back on the shelf) or picking them all up at once (like harvesting every plant in a given area for experienced gardeners.)!  Wizard

It’s way faster not to put them into your inventory at all, honestly. Just click on them, open, and the contents will almost instantly be added to your sim’s inventory. 

Message 14 of 39 (2,070 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The gnomes in one of my saves did this pattern with the packets as well. I agree it's slightly entertaining, although I usually end up putting them in the inventory pretty quickly afterward.
Message 15 of 39 (2,042 Views)

Champion

@ValiantRedKnight, thanks for the advice! Angel I guess I tend to do things the hard way! EmbarrassedLarge smile

I thought I had a good picture of my massive seed packet haul, but I don't. Frown  But I did count the seed packets from it before and I had 127 of them!!! Raised eyebrow:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 39 (2,009 Views)

★★ Novice
This happened to me yesterday. Seed packets everywhere. Stoped when i deleted to gnomes. Upside i made tonnes of money lol
Message 17 of 39 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

haha I have this too. I was like "Okay, they've been here spawning packs for ages now, I think I'll see if it's just me..."

I get that it's free stuff, but it does seem a bit borked. There should at least be an option to tell the gnomes bye or something. I already repaired my game for other reasons and they're still here, so that doesn't fix it. And no mods or anything for once. So yeah... guess I'll go see if I can smash those gnomes with a hammer.

Message 18 of 39 (1,942 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Of course I have this bug too despite the patch . This is not a bug that would bother me. I sell the gnomes immediately, when the tradition of the "gnomes" is already marked. These seeds can't be sold from the sim personal inventory .. This can only be sold from family inventory. At least in my game. This is the one thing that annoys me.
Message 19 of 39 (1,933 Views)

★ Novice

Glad to see it's not just me.

Message 20 of 39 (1,855 Views)