[FIXED] Highlighting of new items stuck

by ilusiek88

Original Post

Re: Highlighting of new items stuck

★★ Guide

I'm having this issue too, in multiple categories. Here is a screenshot.

I have all currently released packs and always install the latest updates of the game.

Message 11 of 59 (2,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hey problem didn't disappear. Also have that problem with icon when buildin retail lot. This one which show you objects for retail lot. Also with police icon which shows you objects for police station.
Message 12 of 59 (2,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Edit: None of this worked as a permanent fix. It was only temporary.

Found a (temporary) fix until they get this straightened out!

Maybe this information will help the devs figure out what's happening. It seems that the game is flagging all new objects as new, even if they're hidden or debug items.

Solution:

1. Press ctrl+shift+C to open the cheat console.
  2. Type the following and press Enter:
    bb.showhiddenobjects
  3. Type "debug" in the filter. Check for any "new" objects in there first.
  4. Go through your catalog and look for new objects. For me, it was the **DEBUG** jailhouse bars that were doing it, along with a couple recreational items.
  5. If you're having this problem with the rewarded items that you get from completing career goals, use the following cheat and repeat Step 4: 
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
Message 13 of 59 (2,177 Views)

★★ Guide

Actually I had done that already. It had a lot of items marked as new, which I all clicked. But now nothing new can be found that way and the screenshots I placed were taken AFTER doing and checking that.

Message 14 of 59 (2,168 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You're 100% sure that you went through the categories and found all of the normally hidden items?

Because I had the exact same categories highlighted that you do, and my solution fixed it.

Message 15 of 59 (2,163 Views)

★★ Guide

I went through them like 5 more times, but found absolutely nothing. I even changed my testing lot cycling through everything from residential to spa with those cheats to catch hidden stuff, but that didn't help either. All the prison doors are marked properly as seen and nothing else seems to be new....

Message 16 of 59 (2,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you don't mind, please try entering the cheats again and posting a screenshot of your catalog for each of the categories that is still yellow. Then type "debug" in the search and click the top option (text search) and post a screenshot of the results. I'd like to compare it to mine to see what may still be missing.

Message 17 of 59 (2,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sure! Here they come!

Knowledge

Recreation

Misc

Debug (Search)

Message 18 of 59 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I had the same categories highlighted: http://imgur.com/qSTkzl0

And I found the sneaky items under "show all": http://imgur.com/YilqMXM

Sort of off-topic: How did you get your catalog to show more than two rows? Oh, I see it's copied and pasted. Darn.

Message 19 of 59 (2,126 Views)

★★ Guide

I also saw rows and rows of new items under Show All but I unchecked all of them. Even scrolling past all lot types I don't get anything new. And as for the multiple rows of items, I GIMPed that.... : D

Message 20 of 59 (2,120 Views)