Re: Highlighting of new items stuck

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you so SO much! This bugged me too much and it was seriously annoying. It honestly feels odd to see the color of the chair picture again but a good kind of odd. Thank you again Standard smile

Message 51 of 59 (3,932 Views)

★ Guide

:eahigh_file: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Message 52 of 59 (3,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find the app you're talking about and the other ones I tried don't work... either they show up in random nonsense symbols or the app won't let me edit... Help please!!! I'm working off of a Mac Book Air

Message 53 of 59 (3,854 Views)

Hero

Macs are probably different and the program won't work.

Do you have access to a PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 59 (3,846 Views)

Hero

• We fixed an issue with the Activities and Skills filter in Build Mode that was preventing the gold “something is new” highlight from properly clearing itself.

This issue has now been fixed in Patch 1.15.55

I'm going to leave the workaround as solution since it's handy anyways to get rid of the new flags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 59 (3,827 Views)

Hero (Retired)

fixed for me Standard smile

Message 56 of 59 (3,816 Views)

★★ Apprentice

if i do this, will anything that take out that item thats suppose to be there or it will be be there, be not highlighted.

Message 57 of 59 (3,713 Views)

★★ Guide

If you use the workaround from the other page, the one that uses a hex editor on a file, it will remove the "new" flag from every object and every room, even debug and hidden objects. It will only remove the flag, no objects will disappear. I have used it multiple times because when you get a new pack it will come with rooms and they also keep their highlight no matter what you do and it annoys me.

Message 58 of 59 (3,697 Views)

Hero

I'm going to lock this thread as this issue has been resolved.

There is however a new one which can be found in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Highlighting-of-new-items-stuck-in-Dec...

Please continue posting there.

I've also posted the workaround there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 59 (3,691 Views)