Re: Highlighting of new items stuck

by Domon031097

Original Post

★ Guide

I don't understand why the Devs still didn't fix this! We're reporting since Get to Work! It's been a long time GRRR

*Same glitch after Get Together. DEVS, PLEASE! WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?

Message 41 of 59 (9,452 Views)

★★ Guide

Was just wanting to report the same, although I never expected a GTW issue to be fixed by GT. This needs to be fixed in a GTW or Base Game update, because not everybody has GT.

Message 42 of 59 (9,444 Views)

★★★ Novice
That's true. The dev team should've fixed this months ago. They've released several updates yet the issue remains unsolved.
Message 43 of 59 (9,441 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got that too. Don't remember when it started exactly, but yea I guess around GTW. But not so long time ago, I was advised to remove everything from Options, Tray Folder, Screenshots/Videos/Custom music, Saves and Mods and when I ran the game with almost nothing, the bug dissappeared, but it came back when I put everything back. Maybe it's connected with one of these categories? Well, for sure not Mods cause I tried to play without them and there still was this bug.

Message 44 of 59 (9,410 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'll try that solution you suggested. I don't have any mods so I'll just clear the tray and see what happens. Thnks for the tip!
Message 45 of 59 (9,405 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok. Still not working. This is getting super frustrating.
Message 46 of 59 (9,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

For anyone who wants to fix this by yourself:

1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)

2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)

3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)

4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone

Message 47 of 59 (38,078 Views)

★★★ Novice
It worked! Thank you so much!
Message 48 of 59 (9,380 Views)

Hero

@elelunicy Thanks for posting. I highlighted your suggestion as workaround until it gets fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 59 (9,356 Views)

★★ Guide

@elelunicy, I hold you completely responsible for the result in this image!

I must say I was quite surprised it found literally hundreds of instances of the value you have told us to replace!

Message 50 of 59 (9,341 Views)