Re: [GTW] Highlighting of new items stuck

by ilusiek88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Highlighting of new items stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello.

1)  My game is updated to 1.7.65.1020 patch.
2) I've tested game after reparing, reinstallation, at clear save(vanilla game), without mods and CC, after deleting cache and scratch folder in saves folder with origin off and on.
3)  I have GTW, LP and OR.
4)  My computer specs are good for playing game (I'm playing on PC) and also my graphics settings are set on medium and my game never crashed.(!) Graphic is updated also.

The bug:

In buy mode : In the "Skills & Activities" section, the -chessboard icon- for "knowledge" items remains highlighted yellow and the -card table icon- for "recreation" items stays also highlighted yellow, even though there are no new GTW items in that category, even after viewing all hidden items for GTW or other new items.
After choosing all of those highlited items the highliting disappears - but when I'm going to live mode, and then going back to buy mode  -  the highliting is coming back - but now none of the items for buying are not highlited.

Only chessboard and card table icons.

Also I found the same issue when I'm rebuilding Police Station - with icon where we can buy objects for police station/not other stuff. 
--- 

I've seen that I'm not the only one who got that bug, but I didn't found nothing about it on this "forum"...

---

P.S. Sorry for language issues, I'm from Poland.
Hope that someone will find or have found the solution !

Message 1 of 59 (33,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Highlighting of new items stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

For anyone who wants to fix this by yourself:

1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)

2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)

3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)

4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone

View in thread

Message 47 of 59 (38,365 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Highlighting of new items stuck and can't purchase advertising.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi,

could you please make a thread per bug. Just edit your post and keep one in this thread and make another one for the other bug.

I thought the advertising was fixed but guess not. Wonder why there isn't a thread. 

As for the other, what do you mean by hidden objects ? The locked ones ? Did you unlock them all ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 59 (33,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello.

In buy mode,where you can see all new items from GTW - they are highlighted in gold. Also those items seeing by bb.showhiddenobjects - where we can find hidden objects from GTW and also, after typing another cheat-  bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement.

Buying objects sorted by rooms  (the icon of it is highlited) - in the office's room (the icon of it is also still highlited) - where we can see icon of easel - is highlited - and icon of this card table - also is highlited.
Buying objects sorted by function - As I mentioned - chess table and card table are highlited.

Sorry for not discribing those categories in english but I don't know translated names for them from polish, so better for me is to describe the look of icons.

After buying all those unlock items, highliting dissappears, but when I'm back to live mode, then again going to buy mode - this highliting of icons only of categories is still highlited! But not the objects which we can buy.

I founf on other forum -  I don't know can I mention about it - but few people have the same issue as mine. They didn;t find the solution.
So hope EA will see this. Maybe it's not ruin the game, but somehow is annoying for eyes Wink

Message 3 of 59 (33,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I see what you mean.

I'll add it on the next round

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 59 (33,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Items flagged as “New” will no longer be “New” once you know them.
    • Or I could just say “Clicking on a new flagged item will clear the flag.”

Taggging @ilusiek88 to see if it's solved as it should be.

EDIT: I just hear on twitter it's not resolved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 59 (33,167 Views)

Known objects still marked as "new" after update

★★ Novice

After update my game I still have the bug that the known objects still appear yellow

Message 6 of 59 (33,144 Views)

Hobbies & Skills button stuck highlighted in build mode.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Since Get to Work expansion there's an annoying glitch that makes the Hobbies & Skills button being always highlighted with yellow, as would have new items. Can we wait for a solution for this bug soon? 

Message 7 of 59 (33,145 Views)

Re: Hobbies & Skills button stuck highlighted in build mode.

Hero

@SergeSim Merged with existing bug thread on the issue. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 59 (33,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Add a 'me too' to this one. Nothing is tagged as 'new' anymore, but the 'Misc' section of Activities and Skills is still highlighted.

Message 9 of 59 (33,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem for a while now. I reinstalled the game and removed leftover files before reinstalling, and it's still highlighting them. I have no mods or cc

Message 10 of 59 (33,015 Views)