Re: CAS Issue - "Contains New Item" indicator never goes away

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Unmarked stuff in build mode

★★★ Guide

Yep, having the same issue. It's not like it's a big deal or breaks the game or anything.. but I still find it weirdly annoying. 

Message 11 of 16 (1,241 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue in my CAS. Managed to fix the build/buy bug with that damned sock toy & armadillo, but my CAS is lighting up with ‘new’ options for skins, faces, shirts, pants... you name it, there’s apparently a new item there. But there’s not. It’s irritating. 

Message 12 of 16 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@haileybell18 Same thing was happening to me and I fixed the clothes and hair issues by removing the male and female tags. So I created a male sim, selected the highlighted categories and removed all labels, then selected the female items to make them not new. Then I did the same with a female sim. HOWEVER, nothing fixes the skintones both for body and face. They're still highlighted.
Message 13 of 16 (1,106 Views)

★ Novice

Hmmm, I might have to try that. I hope they sort this glitch out soon. I was hoping it would be fixed in the latest patch yesterday 

Message 14 of 16 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue it started after buying the vampires add on for the xb1 version .

If I choose a vampire archetype that has what looks like run mascara the only way to remove the run mascara is to go to "faces and skin Tone" and press Y button to "remove item".

I think the new items are the vampire eye makeup in the "faces and skin tone" tab as I cannot find the run mascara in the makeup tab for eyes or eyeliner.

I first tryed to remove the run mascara from the but it didn't work and was surprised when I found I could remove it from the "faces and skin tone" tab using the remove item button. As I would not think run mascara would be there.

However weirdly you cannot add the run mascara look to a sim in "faces and skin tone". The only way to use it is to pick a vampire archetype with the run mascara the alter the face. Or to get the run mascara on a random vampire then change it whice is what happened to me.

I liked it for her dark form but wanted to remove it for her normal form which lead to me discovering the only way to remove it was to use remove item on the faces and skin tone tab. Basically I think some of the vampire makeup does not show up to add to your sim. 

Message 15 of 16 (995 Views)

Re: CAS Issue - "Contains New Item" indicator never goes away

Hero

● Fixed an issue that made Body Shapes and Skin Tones in Create a Sim to be highlighted as if they were newly added in game.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (6,800 Views)