Re: [OPEN] Highlighting gets stuck for new rooms

by redzora80

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Highlighting gets stuck for new rooms

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello,

After the extensive period of the previous 'highlighting new items stuck' topic, there is one thing that I keep noticing every time I get another pack:

When those packs add new rooms the are marked with a striped background that shouts 'Hey, I'm new!' and also their category icon is gold saying something new is in there. But placing said room doesn't toggle that off.

I am now reverting to the temporary solution posted in that old topic to get the notfication to go away, but either I'm overlooking something very obvious or this isn't how it should work. Does anybody know something that I do not?

Edit: 2nd screenshot shows the rooms after I took away the 'new' mark with the workaround from the other topic. This is how I want my game to work once I've 'seen' the rooms....

Message 1 of 11 (1,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This issue seems to be fixed for me.

Anyone ?

@AlHollandiyah @KelMac81 @redzora80

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,363 Views)

★★ Guide

There have been a number of patches packs and other updates since this post, and I can confirm this is still going on!

Message 3 of 11 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got this problem with buyable items, each time i start a new house or start the game again ( can*'t run sims allday Wink ) all items from the last 3 add ons are marked as new. Its frustating clicken them all away each time. same in the cas. Its a bit anoying.

Message 4 of 11 (1,252 Views)

★★ Guide

There is a very good workaround for this issue, which works for both buy mode items as well as rooms, you can find it here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-Highlighting-of-new-items-stuck/m-p/5014388/hi...

Message 5 of 11 (1,239 Views)

Hero

@redzora80 wrote:

I got this problem with buyable items, each time i start a new house or start the game again ( can*'t run sims allday Wink ) all items from the last 3 add ons are marked as new. Its frustating clicken them all away each time. same in the cas. Its a bit anoying.

Your issue sounds different.

Are you saying that each time you start the game, everything is marked as new again ? Did you delete any files in documents ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it was each time i startet the game and nothing was deleted. some how it is gone. i repaired the game and used the workaround for the other "this is new" bug. and it worked.
Can't remeber exactliy what help.

Message 7 of 11 (1,209 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

★★★ Apprentice

The testingcheatsenabled & the ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement worked for me regarding the individual items showing as new items... but I was stuck with styled rooms showing as new...

I don't know if this could help anyone - but I just double clicked on each CL room (the only EP I have) and this allowed the system to 'unhighlight' those rooms.  Just figured I'd share in case it helps. 

Cool

Message 8 of 11 (1,241 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

★★ Guide

Finally something that WORKS. I would have never thought that you would need to DOUBLE click rooms. Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 11 (1,039 Views)

Hero

This issue seems to be fixed for me.

Anyone ?

@AlHollandiyah @KelMac81 @redzora80

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,041 Views)