[FIXED] High chair can’t be cleaned

by bwsims2021

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] High chair can’t be cleaned

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue in console (PlayStation).

Message 21 of 44 (958 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue and it's very frustrating! 

Message 22 of 44 (876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue too. Seems like people are saying it's related to werewolves pack, but I don't have that expansion currently, and it's still happening. It says the chair is in use every time it gets dirty. After checking and double checking and nobody is trying to use the chair I just sell it and get a new one for the moment until it's fixed. Super annoying because my Sims have an uncomfortable mood when they're around it when it's dirty. 

Message 23 of 44 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I'm not sure when the first time this happened, I rarely play with toodlers. I only have Base Game and Dessert Luxe Free Kit.

Message 24 of 44 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem on console version. 

Message 25 of 44 (780 Views)

High chair: can’t “Polish to Perfection”

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Console SDX Base 11.0 (latest)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, dine out, seasons, vintage glamour, spa, cool kitchen, pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with a toddler. Have the toddler make a mess in their high chair. Try to clean by trying to click in “Polish to perfection” with active sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The “Polish to perfection” button is grayed out and it says “___ High Chair in Use” but there is no toddler there. It happens with each type.
What do you expect to see? I expect the chair to be able to polish to perfection and it to not say it’s in use when it is not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure which but it started about a month ago

N/a

Message 26 of 44 (756 Views)

Bug in the chair kid

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? :1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? putting the kid in the chair and expecting him to mess it up
What happens when the bug occurs? Don't let me clean the chair, and I need to sell it and buy another one
What do you expect to see? that can be cleaned without buying another
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 27 of 44 (661 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bwsims2021 I have this problem too on PS5
Message 28 of 44 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@HeavenLea2013 I don't have the expansion either, it was just when they updated the game for this pack that this bug came in.
Message 29 of 44 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For anyone on console, hold B -Xbox o -Playstation.

Then click on it with A -Xbox x -Playstation. It doesn't fix the bug and you can only do it with cheats, but at least it fixes the issue of the chair being messy and unable to use.

Message 30 of 44 (446 Views)