Re: SPCA Challenge and hashtags

by tylerdotexe

Original Post

SPCA Challenge and hashtags

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using Hashtags in Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Hashtags don't work
What do you expect to see? Hashtags that work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occurred gallery-wide after November patch

I just want to add-- and hope that EA will be alerted: It is useless to promote a huge P.R. exercise like the SPCA challenge when the hashtags are not working. I think it is obvious that since the directions in the challenge instruct the entrants to use a hashtag for identification, and the hashtags are not working, entries will not be found. Considering that EA has probably spent time and money with their public relations advisors to come up with this venture, it would behoove them to get the bug sorted out asap. 

Message 11 of 38 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are not the only one who has noticed this, plus the trending hashtags have died down since it because it can’t render hashtags anymore. I do hope this is fixed personally.

Message 12 of 38 (1,297 Views)

Hero

Hi @GillR52

just wanted to say that I have merged your new error report.

I understand your concerns about the challenge but it's still the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 38 (1,285 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Hashtags not working in the gallery

★★★ Apprentice

So this problem has been here for a week now. Are they not gonna fix it or what is going on? I really want to upload my cats & dogs creations to gallery, but there is no point since the tags are not working.

Message 14 of 38 (1,188 Views)

Hashtags not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get together, get to work, vampires, dine out, spa day, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try using hashtags in gallery and when uploading your own creations
What happens when the bug occurs? only hashtags that work are #p (for instance in #pool the only clickable, actual hashtag part is the #p, the rest is grey and unclickable, and none of the two show up when searching)
What do you expect to see? hashtags that work and my creations showing up in gallery when searched by hashtag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

even though there was a patch that was supposed to fix this, the problem is still here for me after updating the game, restarting client and restarting the pc.

Message 15 of 38 (1,141 Views)

Re: Hashtags not working

★★★ Guide

@vericavjeverica Which patch do you mean? I'm only aware of the November 15th patch which should have fixed the problem with error 102, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something. I'm also still having this issue.

Message 16 of 38 (1,113 Views)

Hero

@SimplyAnjuta

This is an issue that was there before (a while ago), then was fixed and now is back.

Guess they are referring to that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 38 (1,106 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, the hashtags issue is just so annoying! Many people who have challenges simply lose their entrants' submissions. It is impossible to keep track of uploads. If this has happened before, why is it such difficult fix? (probably a rhetorical question Frown) And as I have mentioned before--if EA thinks that it is not affecting their PR venture with the Cats and Dogs challenge they're crazy.  So frustrating and disappointing.

Message 18 of 38 (1,059 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Hashtags not working in the gallery

★★ Guide

The hashtags still seem to work for pre-patch uploads, but anything newer won't show up in search, at least not for me. Hopefully they'll fix this soon. I've recently created some Sims I'd love to share.

Message 19 of 38 (1,054 Views)

Betreff: SPCA Challenge and hashtags

★★★★★ Newbie

Somehow I am really happy that I am not the only one with this problem. Angel

It sucks big time.
I created a lot of stuff over the last few weeks and would really like to share it.Disappointed

Message 20 of 38 (1,041 Views)