[FIXED] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by Daemonten

Original Post

Re: Missing Inventory Items after 11.12.2019 Update

Hero
@AlorrinInk I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 321 (1,811 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes. I even shut down my game after a few hours of playing (and restocking everything) and the same thing happened again to all of the new inventory/items.

Message 22 of 321 (1,809 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same  issue  since latest  patch.Mostly  harvestables dissapearing from  fridge  after  traveling. Lost death  flower from my sim's  inventory and some flowers  stored in flower  arranging  table after sim traveling to another  lot.

Message 23 of 321 (1,783 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I started a new game, so far my produce seems to stay put, but they're only normal quality at the moment.

I'll have to wait and see as I get further into the game if it keeps happening, and when my produce gets better quality.

Edit: nope. Still happens. 😡

Message 24 of 321 (1,764 Views)

Champion

@stephrules1991 I posted some information and workarounds for now that may be helpful for your situation - please check in comment #12. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 25 of 321 (1,748 Views)

Hero

After trying a few things yesterday to figure out what was going on, I came to the conclusion that any havestables above normal quality disappear from the 3 storage containers when you save and exit for sure.  a couple of oddities did show up.  When I traveled to the Magic Realm with half the household, when I returned, the harvestables above normal quality appeared to still be in the containers but couldn't be accessed by cooking or spellmaking cauldron.  When I traveled with the entire household, every harvestable above normal had disappeared upon return to the home lot.  Another thing was that I had laid out some flowers in a planting bed that were perfect but hadn't planted.  When I got back to the lot, they were still there.  Any harvestables in my traveling sims inventories also stayed there unit I saved, quit and restarted the game.  On opening the lot after the restart, everything above normal quality was gone again.  One last thing, before I traveled, I harvested some wild sage and parsley in Glimmerbrook and made note of the quantities of each.  All were normal and I stored a few of them in each container (fridge, box and flower bench).  Also bought some apples and potatoes in the magic realm, both normal quality.  On return from travel and after restart, all of the purchased harvestables and any I harvested from wild plants were still there.  Bottom line I think is any harvestable above normal quality will disappear.  The work around is to just use normal quality plants until a fix is made.  There are multiple ways to get them.  Seed packs, harvesting wild plants and buying from the various vendors in CL, RoM, harvesting festival plants, etc.

Message 26 of 321 (1,723 Views)

Harvestables disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

All of my harvested fruits/veggies are disappearing from my inventory when I travel somewhere and return home. 

Message 27 of 321 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 I also noticed that when my scientist went to work he couldn't use the harvestables in his inventory. When he came home they disappeared. I did find out that I could sell the harvestables on the scientist lot even though I couldn't use them in serums. Thank you for the work around...using normal quality plants won't affect the serums, and I can just sell anything I'm growing.
Message 28 of 321 (1,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All of my fruits vegetables and flowers disappear EVERY TIME I exit the game and reopen it (yes it is saving the game). My toddlers have no snacks and are starving because of the toddler bug and none of my sims have death flowers anymore. This has been an awful patch and I'm so angry!

Message 29 of 321 (1,651 Views)

Hero

@BantamMenace74  Good to know.  I haven't tried going to the lab yet.  Another thing that I tried today was playing a couple of other households for a few minutes.  All of their harvestables were there in their containers and inventories when I entered the lot.  This time I saved and exited to the main menu then went back in on the same save to the first household I was playing and all was still there.  So it seems that if you exit the game completely, then that's when the harvestables disappear.  Or maybe when you enter the first household after restarting the game from origin.  Still a bit puzzling though.

Message 30 of 321 (1,640 Views)