[FIXED] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by Daemonten

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★ Novice

I have never complained, but I am also having this problem which I find to be quite annoying. I was also disappointed to see that this was not a priority fix in today's patch.

Message 171 of 321 (941 Views)

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★ Novice
@crinrict My harvestable items started disappearing from my fridge, personal inventory, and flower arranging station after downloading the 11/12 update (that fixed the awkward scrolling/reset to top issue that was happening in the inventory) and downloading Discover University. Also my sims can't cook all learned recipes. I have to click around until I find one that triggers the action. I've done a repair and nothing.
Message 172 of 321 (890 Views)

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried taking the cooking items for the recipe out of the fridge and placing them in your inventory (or vice versa if they are already in your inventory)?  My veggies seem to go through a stuck & unstuck mode.  What I do is take everything out of the fridge and put it in my inventory, then I put them right back into the fridge.  For instance, when I want to grill the baked potatoes, I take all my potatoes out of the fridge and put them in my inventory.  Then I put them right back into my fridge.  And THEN I finally click the grill and cook them.  Don't ask me why, but for some reason, my veggies and fruits that are perfect get into this stuck mode, and it's the only way I can make some of the recipes.

On a side note, that's how I tell if my veggies are stuck - I try to grill the baked potato recipe.  If it doesn't get queued, then I know my veggies are stuck.  I then move the stuff from fridge to inventory to fridge again so that I won't lose them if I go visit someplace. For some weird reason, if they are in stuck mode when I leave my lot, they'll be gone when I come back to my lot later. Frown

Message 173 of 321 (846 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gardening Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It was Uni. I had all the expansions and packs and had no problem until I installed Uni. I thought I was imagining it until I spent the whole day gardening and my perfect plants weren't there anymore. So don't worry about pets. That didn't cause the issue. I haven't wanted to play SIMS 4 much since this problem occurred. I love gardening in ALL of my games. Even my vampires eat plasma fruit. I'm considering quitting until they fix this. It's not worth playing for me. Does anyone know if I uninstall Uni will the bug go away since Uni caused it?

Message 174 of 321 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PriestessAvenara wrote:

Does anyone know if I uninstall Uni will the bug go away since Uni caused it?

Well some experience the problem, without even having Uni installed, so not sure. The bug could have arrived with the update preparing for the University Expansion, and in that case, It probably wouldn't help a thing to delete Uni. My advice, if You keep play Sims 4 for now, don't use Households with a great collection af harvestables. Even if the bug get's repaired we probably won't get the lost items back.
Message 175 of 321 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I was playing the game since Uni with the most harvestables sadly. Both parents are in the two different gardening careers so you can just imagine that big, beautiful garden and all I had stashed away. I'm the one in the gallery who put up all the normal types of plants ready to harvest for people who just don't want to wait for them to grow up because I feel their pain. Once I knew there was a way to stock up on at least one quality of produce and flowers, I wanted to share that with others who might not know.

I've avoided playing any other games since and now that you've said that I'm glad I did. I was worried about my one vampire in particular because she has a LOT of perfect plasma fruit and was my vampire challenge of only eating fruit, not even plasma bags or made plasma bags. *laughs* She has 12 perfect plasma trees I grew from packages. So I guess I'll just stick with the one game whose stores are already ruined, but I admit part of me wants to go back to SIMS 3 until this blows over. Even there I always have a big gardening and my perfect plants stay that way, unlike here. It's hard when your favorite part of the game is taken away and two patches, and almost a month, later nothing has been solved.

Message 176 of 321 (981 Views)

★★ Novice

Same is happening for me. It makes it very difficult for my good vampire to eat. And sometimes he cant even make plasma fruit salad because the action doesn't even work. I have to move the plasma fruit to his inventory or to the fridge to get it to trigger. This is bogus.

Message 177 of 321 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@PriestessAvenaraI have the bug and I do not own Discover University, so unfortunately I don't think un-installing DU would fix anything. For me it started with the Nov.12 patch just prior to the DU release. I am also a big fan of gardening in TS4 (was in TS3 as well!). I won't play either of my two main saves until this is fixed so as not to lose so many perfect harvestables, but I have been playing a temp save and still having fun. If I get too attached to my temp Sim I could always import her to my main save later. I completely understand everyone's frustration here and my hope now is that they will fix it in an early December patch.

Btw- thank you for uploading that garden into The Gallery! I will be sure to check it out the next time I play. :D

Message 178 of 321 (939 Views)

★ Guide
As I said, don't expect EA will fix this bug anytime soon. The whim could not be fulfilled bug is still there. Does EA know these bugs? I doubt!
Message 179 of 321 (898 Views)

★★ Pro

@RandomBuzziness Thank you for clearing that up for me. I might as well keep University installed then. You are welcome for the garden. I uploaded them all separately and in groups of plants (veggies and fruits), herbs, trees, magical plants, and vampire plants. Although the tree set doesn't have the plasma tree since I feel like normal sims that would eat from those trees wouldn't be quite as interested in the plasma one. *laughs*I have one of all in normal and all but the wolfsbane flower and sixam misquiuto trap in perfect. I'm working on those two. So I'm nearly a one stop shop for either normals or perfects. I also have a tile floor with 12 perfect carrots and another of 12 perfect strawberries, some herbs for fishing, and perfect bluebells and a crocus for a cheap do it your self bee bouquet. While I do have a bouquet premade up there, no one has told me if it works for their game if they download it. It works for mine so I just continually renew my bee calming bouquet straight from my library. I pay (after deleting the room) 1 simoleon for the crocus scented bluebells and once they are wilted can sell them for 14 for a profit of 12 simoleons. *laughs* That cracks me up every time. Plus my bees are permanently calm.

I just started a temp game today, but I get the feeling I'll get attached. I made two female vampires, so I thought I'd try out making a male one and doing the reverse of my plasma fruit only challenge. He has to ONLY feed off sims. Whether he asks (which I do) or compels (which he might) or he frenzies (which I've never seen before since I'm good about keeping my vampires well fed), he is only allowed to drink from a sim. Which also means no plasma packs for him of any kind. Hahaha. It's really interesting. Darrian doesn't mind having friends of either the occult races or normal sims, but he understands his own needs in a way Adelaide definitely doesn't. Lorelei is okay with her plasma fruit drinks from the bar or sims, but she's evil and doesn't want any other friends aside from vampires. This is really fun and keeps me from being sad about gardening. I'm painting, writing books, and music instead. :D

Perhaps that is a fun solution for everyone who is into gardening! We can start a revolutionary plasma from sims only challenge. Play it how you want, evil, nice, compel, ask, frenzy, just keep it to sims. *giggles* You can even tell me how it is going in your game in a personal message here or where ever. It could be fun. :D

Message 180 of 321 (872 Views)