Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by simgirl542

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

@einjux 

Read my post again.  It doesn't matter if I have the ingredients/harvestables on me. They don't work.  If I have perfect garlic on me, I can't use it for cooking because the cooking action always fails until the garlic is out of my inventory.

Sure, I could probably find a way to store them somewhere, fridge maybe or the chest, shelves... but if I can't use them, what's the point in keeping them?

Message 301 of 321 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps If you put the harvest on the floor and then put it back in sims inventory. Works for me for a while.
Message 302 of 321 (1,571 Views)

★ Guide

I have this same issue with the harvestables disappearing from the inventory and from the fridge, but the quality doesn't change on them. Not that I noticed anyway.
For me, it started after I removed an up to date gardening mod that wasn't working for me at all. 

I have considered going back to sims 3 for a while, but not for this reason. I usually go back to sims 3 for a short time around this time of year because I usually pick out one (or two) sims games that I have to wait until Christmas for and going back to sims 3 helps me fight the urge of downloading them sooner. But having to relearn the way the camera works and the cheats is keeping me from wanting to. All of the sims 3 crashes keeps me from playing it more then I do. 

Message 303 of 321 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Nettis2009   I'll try it just for curiosity sake, but my current playthrough doesn't matter much for quality. I deleted all plants over Normal quality and just started growing them again. They're all currently "Normal" and as long as I don't click on "Evolve", I'll be able to use them just fine.

That's an interesting idea. Keep a chest in the kitchen? Put them all in there and pull them out long enough to cook then put them back.

Message 304 of 321 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Nice or High Quality harvestables would disappear from Sims’ inventories after Travel or Save/Load.
○ We attempted to track down the lost harvestables that are currently lost, but found they were lost and unfindable. It’s findings like this that we find we are at a loss of words for, however any future loss should not be found.

Fixed fir in Patch 1.59.73

Thread for console is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-XB1-Harvestables-disappearing-from-inventories...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 305 of 321 (12,184 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you for the update! It's most welcome ^_^ I read over the patch notes (wow they did fix a lot!) but didn't see anything for the Aspirations bug. Do you know if that was addressed? Thanks!
Message 306 of 321 (1,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Victoriarose1968 Think just spellcaster aspirations.

But do test. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 307 of 321 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My game is patched (PC), but even still, I’m having this issue. I am playing without mods/cc. 

Message 308 of 321 (1,453 Views)

Hero
@babajayne Try a game repair. Are they still disappearing or just the ones that are already gone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 309 of 321 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ah, I didn’t realize they just released a new patch today. I’ll test and report back if it’s still happening with newly harvested items. Thank you!

Message 310 of 321 (1,676 Views)