Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by Psychotps

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Horrible, nasty bug. All my death flower collection is gone. Everything that is left dropped its quality to normal. The words can't describe the frustration.

Message 291 of 321 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me. Harvestables disappear from fridge when traveling back home from other lots.

Message 292 of 321 (1,039 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, harvestables go missing from both fridge and inventory. Tried repairing the game but it´s still the same Frown

Message 293 of 321 (1,007 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has there been any ETA on a possible fix?  I know that the devs are working hard, just really want to be able to play my Sims again.  Thanks!

Message 294 of 321 (950 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have to update my answer in post #223

I have now been around to many of my households, and double checked the inventories, and yes, they sure only have "normal" harvestables left.

At first I was only noticing all the death flowers missing, as they apparently all are gone. I Can't even fiend any "normal" quality, but it just might be that I have been working with them to get the excellent quality that's all gone now!

But now im sure that all havesable above "normal" quality is gone from all my sims inventory.

I have found a few veggies laying around on counters that still have higher quality, so maybe you can place them around the house and they will stay...? (Pretty annoying though, but for a, hopefully, temporary savekeep).
Message 295 of 321 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Stinalina wrote:
I have found a few veggies laying around on counters that still have higher quality, so maybe you can place them around the house and they will stay...? (Pretty annoying though, but for a, hopefully, temporary savekeep).

If you first drop them on the floor and then drag them into the family inventory then they are also saved as far as I know - but of course it is so time consuming that it is only good for low quantity , I used it to try to save a few rare plants...

Message 296 of 321 (924 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Stinalina wrote:

Yes, harvestables above normal quality will stay on surfaces like tables & counters, or on the floor or ground, or on the plants. They will also stay correctly in household inventory. 

Anything above normal quality will disappear from a sim's personal inventory, or from storage like the fridge, chest or flower arranging table. 

So you can leave stuff on the plants & just harvest when you need them, just use normal quality, or sell all each day to get the cash. Or drag stuff you need to keep onto a surface or on the ground and/or put them all in household inventory. Not fun, but it's about all we can do right now.

In my game, if I choose to "Save" but don't exit, the better than normal plants are still there. So I was able to keep all my harvestables by doing a "Save" - check the fridge to be sure they're still there - then "Exit without saving". 

Doesn't help with travel, but if you stay on your home lot it might work for you? It worked for me, but someone else reported it didn't work for them.

Message 297 of 321 (882 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Just thought I'd add my input. Maybe will help a little.

Same problem as the others. Harvestables gathered disappear from inventory. If my sim leaves the lot, either by rabbit-hole or live, or I save/exit/reload, any harvestable over "Normal" quality will disappear.

If I travel with the sim to another lot that contains growing plants, I get LE gardening errors:

Exception applying attributes to object object_GardeningPlant_Bush_bluebell_wild:0x0f2c07da3342000d (ValueError: Non-unique components cannot be added dynamically: gardening_component)

If I don't leave the lot and have greater than "Normal" quality harvestables on my sim, I'll get other failures. Such as if I have Perfect Garlic on my sim, and I try to cook something like "Garlic Noodles", the cook action will always fail until I sell the Garlic.

The bug basically makes gardening useless unless you intend to sell everything. The only thing that works is "Sell all". Everything else fails.

I don't expect the bug to be fixed any time soon as there are just as critical bugs reported years ago that still have not been fixed.

I'll be looking for a mod solution in the mean time.

Message 298 of 321 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

While I haven't given up playing entirely because I'm trying a parent challenge, I do admit I used to exclusively play SIMS 4 and now I've been dabbling in other games. That is how game breaking this bug is for me. It feels like an entirely different game now and I don't like that I'm getting used to missing out on one of the absolute best parts of the game.

So naturally, I've been slowly gravitating towards other games just to prevent myself from forgetting what a really great game this was and what I used to enjoy. Now I'm worried I might end up more interested in the other games by the time this is fixed because I'll be enjoying myself which would be a shame. When it's working correctly, SIMS 4 is a really awesome game.

Actually, my son was upset today because I was playing another game and he couldn't watch me play SIMS 4. He wanted to watch more SIMS, but for once I wanted to play a game that is exactly what it says it's supposed to be and isn't broken. I felt a little bad for him though.

Message 299 of 321 (840 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Look at post #244 from me
this is interim solution, but all plants, Flowers and fruits stay in perfect quality
Message 300 of 321 (987 Views)