Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by witchmaid

Original Post

★★★ Expert
@PriestessAvenara I am hoping the reason they are taking so long with the next patch is that they want to fix as many of these bugs as they can and fix them right, not some half-fix that ends up giving us a whole slew of new bugs. A Bug's Life was a good idea for a Pixar movie, but not a good way to play Sims! xD
Message 271 of 321 (1,015 Views)

★★ Pro

@RandomBuzziness  Oh my GOD that was hilarious. Hahaha. Seconded!

Message 272 of 321 (981 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@imhotep168 I have the same issue on console and it makes me just not play, which is sad, considering just how many expansions and things I have bought.
Message 273 of 321 (962 Views)

Re: problem with collectibles

★★★★ Apprentice

Did some more exploring of my issues with fruits and veggies today. I uninstalled realms and the pre install of university. Started a new game and planted. Once an item went up to nice quality, I left the lot. At destination lot, the items were still there, but when I returned to my home lot, any items over normal quality were gone. So since I know everything was working fine after I got Island living, and uninstalling my new packs did not fix it, it must have been the recent console patch that created the issue. I forgot to check if the pump frogs were still not respawning, but I am too annoyed to go back and check for that just now.. I sure hope we do not have to wait long on a fix for this, because I was really looking forward to the University pack going live so I could post some of my more amusing misadventures on my facebook.

Message 274 of 321 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@belaIV  I have all the expansions and just made peace with selling some perfect dragon fruit for its amazing price and keeping around normal death flowers for my sim's inventory. THAT'S RIGHT EA! I'm on to you. You won't steal my NORMAL death flowers! Muwahahahaha! In case you want some normal death flowers too, I put them, and every other plant, tree, and flower on my gallery. I have them in normal. I have all the perfects, except the two vampire plants, but to be fair I can't seem to figure out how to make them into food or in a drink anyway so aside from the plasma fruit tree that I did make perfect, I'm not sure if they are just for fun or not.

The save file that almost has them as perfect is one I just am too upset to play because I feel like I'm losing everything each time I play it. The parents are in both sides of the gardening career. The mother took the scientific route and the father the florist. So they have a two per plant, sometimes 8 per type of plant, garden that takes all day to weed, kill the bugs, and harvest from. Needless to say they work from home and have been my source of perfect harvestables up until now for my gallery.

When this bug is over I'll finish my collection of plants so I can proudly say I have all normal and all perfect. Aside from the cowplant. They kind of scare me. *LAUGHS* I don't want them eating my sims! although I did find someone put up a cowplant ready to be milked from killing a sim. I could make a sim to sacrifice and do the same so I can truly be a one stop shop...but man is that morbid. *laughs* Grow up a little one and wait for it to be hungry like someone else did...block it off so it starves to death for that. I suppose you can't be a one stop shop until you truly have all the plants.

Plus, I haven't gotten any alien ones up. This is giving me ideas for when the bug is fixed. *laughs* I really should have the cowplant up and alien ones if I truly want to be the one stop shop I dreamed of being. XD

Edit: Well...I have a cowplant up, hungry one, and one that just ate a person and killed them. I'm not feeling too great about that last one, but a collection is a collection. Somehow I need to get myself up to space next. *laughs*

Message 275 of 321 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having this issue too. 

It’s not impacting my current family very much since I use the complete cooking overhaul which gives me the option to purchase harvestables and groceries - so my current family’s fridge is stocked with “normal” fruits/veggies. Seeing as to how the “normal” quality items stay put - it took me a while to realize something was wrong.

This particular family has a bluebell plant and rose bush in their home, and they use those flowers as a laundry additive. The bluebell plant is above “normal” (although I can’t remember exactly which stage - I’m off-lot right now at their bakery) and the wife would harvest 6 at a time. I didn’t harvest every day, so again that’s another reason it took me so long to catch on to what was happening. Anyway... the wife would go to do laundry and low and behold, no bluebells to use as the additive. WHAT? I just harvested them this morning after her morning espresso! 🤔

I still didn’t think much of it... until this happened:

The husband carries around 2 MegaCoolers (I use a mod that allows the cooler to have an inventory like the fridge), to keep his foodstuffs for his bakery. It’s just easier to restock that way. So one sim morning, he gets to his bakery and is about to stock - NO MegaCoolers. WHAT? He had to remake almost his entire stock (which is a lot, I might add). I purchased 2 more coolers.

The bakery is only open T, W, and Th - this all happened last sim week.

Fast forward to now... it’s Tuesday morning, and we just arrived at the bakery. Guess what? Only ONE cooler.

Thankfully I baked and restocked everything before leaving last sim Thursday night, or we’d be screwed right now. 

And no... the coolers are/were not in the household inventory, nor did I sell them or even take them out of his inventory between then and now. 

How frustrating... and this is with my family where produce quality doesn’t matter - if I switched over to my proper celebrity vegetarian sim who has a full beautiful garden in her front yard, she would NOT be happy!

I can’t even imagine what the rest of y’all are going through, especially the players who rely on gardening and produce quality for their gameplay! 😳

Message 276 of 321 (820 Views)

Hero
@belaIV I moved your post from your other issue over here. Best to keep one thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 277 of 321 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Rather annoying. My dragonfruit and plasma fruit keep disappearing.

Message 278 of 321 (735 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can't believe this bug has taken a month to fix. The game is literally unplayable with it lol

I bought University on drop day and I haven't been able to play yet because I don't want to lose any of my all-perfect harvestables that took me hours upon hours upon hours to amass.

Message 279 of 321 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@witchmaid me too <removed> 

(Edited by CM: Profantiy removed)

Message 280 of 321 (676 Views)