Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by StarryMight

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@KitSource : They're currently working on it, according to SimQARobo. Cross your fingers that it's in the next patch (whenever that is, hopefully next month).
Message 211 of 321 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

@StarryMight Thank you! It looks like this bug is quite serious that can cause automatic deletion of the game inventory system. Yes finger-crossed it will be fixed very soon as I don't want to see the disappearance of the chest and the fridge. 

Message 212 of 321 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@KitSource : Same here. ^_^ (I don't work for EA, though, I'm just guessing and hoping like anyone else.)
Message 213 of 321 (450 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to add my voice to the issue, as I've been experiencing it as well. These days I have to make do with selling high-condition harvestables right away, only holding onto Plasma Fruits to convert into packs and sunlight reversal drinks. Whilst it's nice having the income, it's annoying not being able to use them to make better sellables. 

Message 214 of 321 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Harvestables have disappeared from my fridge also. I notice it when my Sims move households, but I haven't looked at other times. The only items that remain behind are emotion berries (all kinds), trash fruit and spices that my Sim bought from the city stands (like wasabi, etc.)

Edit: I closed the game last night. When I went back in this morning, all of the produce is gone from the fridge, except for the aforementioned items that stay, and all of the flowers are gone from the Violets are Blue flower arranging table.

Message 215 of 321 (673 Views)

★★ Apprentice

When I elect to sell a particular harvestable from a plant, that harvestable in my Sim's inventory also gets sold. (For example, I had plenty of pomegranates, so I sold the day's crop, but the pomegranates in my Sim's inventory were also sold.)

I'm also noticing an issue in which my Sims can't make food if they have the harvestable. I click on the fridge, select 'cook', 'use fresh' is checked, I have pomegranates in my fridge or inventory, but when I select 'cook family meal' (or 'group meal' or single serving), the action never appears in the queue. The workaround is to move a pomegranate from the inventory to the fridge, or move one from the fridge to the inventory - it depends on where they are. (It's broken both ways - if I have none in my inventory, I have to move one to inventory; if I have none in the fridge, I have to move one to the fridge. If I have them in both places, I have to move all to one or the other.)

No mods or cc, and this is occurring with all fridges and in regular houses (not dorms). I don't play rotationally.

Message 216 of 321 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having any produce above normal quality disappearing in my game.  I think it started after the last Origin patch on 12 November.

I am finding that above normal produce disappears from my sims inventory, from the fridge and from the flower arranging bench when I travel to any location and also during the night when the season changes.  Some people have reported that produce disappears when they save their game.  This has not happened to me but I always use SaveAs and then exit my game without saving.

For me the above normal produce does not disappear if left on the ground so my work around at present, until this problem is put right, is to build a basement and place produce on the ground in it.  This way I have higher quality produce available to my sim for fertilising, fishing bait and cooking.  Its time consuming to move produce out of and in to the basement but allows me to continue gardening in my games

I have Base Game and Seasons and no cc..

Message 217 of 321 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's so annoying - all the harvestables above normal disappear leaving my Sim with subpar ingredients.  And I'm playing a challenge with a generation that's supposed to be running a flower shop. It took me a while to realize it was a bug - I kept selling and buying refrigerators, restarting games, changing lots and repairing the game in Origin.  I hope this is fixed soon.  I don't have any mods or cc.  Happy Simming, Everyone! 

Message 218 of 321 (580 Views)

★★ Guide

This is seriously starting to be a huge pain in the rear, I'm telling you. I sure hope they'll fix this bug ASAP because is effecting my game style big time. For the record I play vanilla, and all this started after the University patch. How often this bug occurs you may ask? All the freaking time, that's how often. My blasted sims can't leave the house without dropping the whole vegetable kingdom out of their pocket. One thing I've noticed is that the phenomenon doesn't occur on their way to whatever place they're visiting, it happens on their way back. So now I'm pretending that they get so plastered during the event they are attending, they can't recall where the heck their tomatoes ended up (into one of Windenburg's canals I bet)(loads of products on them canals)(EA send the scuba divers).   

Message 219 of 321 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@YuleNorwoodAll we've been told so far is that this is high on EA's fix list and they are working on it. I haven't seen anything yet on a fix date but I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next game patch.

This whole thing is making me feel like I should join your Sims in getting plastered in Windenburg.

Message 220 of 321 (512 Views)