Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey all! I've been dealing with this bug as well, and even though it's not a permanent solution, I think I have a temporary workaround. It would be so helpful to know if it works for you.

In my game, I noticed that if I do a Save and keep playing, all harvestables remain in storage. So, instead of choosing Save and Exit Game or Save and Exit to Main Menu:

Choose Save in-game, then Choose Exit WITHOUT Saving 

As I said, this works in my game. It doesn't work when traveling, because you're just saving a point before the travel, and I think the game saves in the background as you travel to a different lot. But, if you can play your game without traveling, this should work to save your stored items. Even if it doesn't work for you, it will create a restore point at that moment, so you could restore the last save and still have your harvestables back. 

The only way to keep your above-normal quality harvestables while traveling would be to put them in household inventory, on the ground or on a surface like a table or counter.

Some things I can't replicate - things like the items becoming "stuck" in the fridge, or being unable to cook certain foods or mix certain drinks, or being unable to fertilize plants. I am able to do all of these things the same as I was able to do prior to the bug. I would suggest that if you're having these kinds of issues, that you do a full reset of your TS4 folder, without reinstalling, following these instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/  Using a copy of your saves (so you have the original as a backup) try without any mods or cc, even if they have been updated, just in case. This won't stop the above-normal harvestables from being deleted, but it might stop the issues with cooking or getting stuck.

For those that say some of your harvestables changed quality in your inventory - I think this could be because you had a stack of different qualities, and then everything but the normal ones disappeared. When you have a stack that has, say, 5 normal apples and 15 perfect apples, when you hover your cursor over the stack it will say it's a stack of perfects. You only see the normals if you expand and look at each individual item in the stack. The lowest quality item will be listed at the bottom of the individual items. So, it looks like you have a stack of 20 perfects, and then when the perfects disappear, you're left with a stack of 5 normals.

@SimQARobo Thanks so much for the update! It's really nice to know that this issue is seen. Just in case this info is helpful, here are some details I noticed. 

Spoiler

I have been testing this on base game, no mods/cc (never used) saves. I reset the TS4 folders by renaming the existing TS4 folder and letting the game create a new one. I did this after the first patch, and then again with the hotfix patch, in case things changed. Tested both times, using a variety of flowers, fruits and vegetables of all qualities (normal, nice, excellent, magnificent and perfect)

Tested storing each in/on refrigerators, chests, ground, flooring tiles, dining and console tables, coffee tables & end tables, sim's personal inventory, household inventory and leaving harvestables on plants. In each case of "Save and exit" or a sim traveling, everything above normal quality disappears from refrigerators, chests, and sim's personal inventory. Items on surfaces, flooring/ground, household inventory and still on plants remain regardless of quality.

Choosing to Save and continuing gameplay preserves all items in all storage. Choosing to Save & Exit or Save As causes everything above normal quality to disappear from refrigerators, chests and sim's personal inventory. Traveling off-lot causes the same disappearances. In my game, the items are lost from the personal inventory immediately upon arrival at the destination. Returning home, the refrigerators & chests have lost everything above normal quality. Choosing to Save, then choosing to Exit without Save retains all harvestables regardless of quality in all storage areas.

Message 201 of 321 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've noticed one more thing with this fertilizing/ plant issue. Sometimes one sim can fertilize many plants at a time, like normal. Other times I can't notice the glitch, and the game works fine, but rarely. All the rest of the times, this glitch happens and is annoying. 

Any updates on this issue? I would like a response! <3

Message 202 of 321 (861 Views)

★★ Pro

I forgot all about that. Sometimes I'd have to fertilize one plant at a time. It was very, very annoying since I have gardens with two of each plant or more so many to tend to, but not quite as game breaking for me as not being able to keep my harvestables. My GUESS, is that you are trying to use greater than normal crops to fertilize with and because they are so buggy right now that's what is causing the problem. However, if anyone who likes to do those tests is out there, could you see if you could recreate this problem with both normal fertilizer and crops, normal fertilizer and better crops, better fertilizer and normal crops, and better fertilizer and better crops? Maybe we can narrow down the problem to one or all scenarios.

Unfortunately, I use MCCC and I'd hate to lose all those settings AGAIN or I'd do it myself. I'm barely hanging unto my sanity not being able to garden or play my favorite games as it is. Sorry about being such a fuss pot. I try to be cheery, but this is still hitting me hard. I'm sure everyone on this thread understands and is feeling the same.

Message 203 of 321 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow Hey there; I tried doing this workaround, however I ran into a different issue; this could be problematic for those attempting to use this workaround.

When I saved in-game, then quit the game without saving as mentioned, I reloaded the game and noticed that it had rolled back my progress on the lot except for my Sim's inventory. I had my Sim enrolled in University at the time, and when I reloaded the game they were no longer enrolled, yet they still had their University coursebook and presentation in their inventory. (The presentation is not workable now though, since they're no longer enrolled in University.)

I did not load into any other lots before coming back into this one.

- B
Message 204 of 321 (973 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @burin077 - That's really strange, I don't see how saving the game could un-enroll your student (but then, there are many things going on in here that don't make any sense Standard smile ).

I hope you recovered the previous save! Just wondering, if you just Save and continue playing are you getting the same thing? Does this sim stay enrolled if you save and exit? 

Message 205 of 321 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow I wasn't able to recover the save, but thankfully it's only one Sim this was happening for, so I'm not as bothered by it.

I just re-enrolled him and tried to replicate the issue again; the issue didn't happen again, but I did find something else that was also strange; it's not related to this missing harvestables issues though, so I won't elaborate further on it.

I'm wondering if perhaps the game tried to load the earlier save backup from the same lot? (Like one of the .ver files or something) I'm still confused on that though since it retained the University items he got, but it rolled back his skills, career progress, and removed him from University.

I'm speculating at this point; thanks at least for trying to help troubleshoot. If I find anything that might lead to more insight, I'll let you know.

- B
Message 206 of 321 (961 Views)

Re: my gardening products are disappearing

★ Novice

I tried the selling of the fridge and replacing it and the problem is still there

Message 207 of 321 (890 Views)

Re: my gardening products are disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@cynceriaAs far as I know the fridges are linked. You could sell one, go into live mode, go back into buy mode, buy another, and everything that was in the first would be in the second. Knowing that, I'm not surprised just selling the fridge didn't work. Sorry, but at least you tried. *hugs* Frown

Message 208 of 321 (844 Views)

★★★ Novice

mine complete disappear from every where. they don't even stay in my sim's inventory.

Message 209 of 321 (833 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★ Novice

I also experienced the same problem and today at the middle of my game play, the flower arrangement table disappeared right in front of my eyes without me deleting or selling it. EA could you please fix this bug? This is getting worse and is killing the enjoyable parts of the game ie gardening and harvesting. Thank you!

Message 210 of 321 (787 Views)