Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

When it turned out that the last patch did not fix this error I did the test.
I deleted the entire game folder and let the game create a new one, and fixed the game on Origin. I have created a new save with an excellent quality garden - I have one in the library
My sim never left his house but I switched five times to another household. After returning to the first household, all the harvests remained where they should be.
I saved the game and left the game five times and everything was still working as it should.
I traveled this sim back and forth and the bug appeared immediately. Since then, when I leave a good harvest in the fridge, I will save the game and exit, everything will disappear when I will start the game.
So the reason for this bug to occur is sim's travel.
The only solution is to keep all your sims from the beginning of the game in their homes and never travel with them!
However, I chose the harvest storage on the floor. More convenient than in family inventory. But to tell you the truth I'm angry and already impatient with this bug. Let it be EA fix, let it be mod - but let it finally be fixed!

Message 181 of 321 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@44ac44If I remember correctly, the problem with grafting (that a whole stack of the same plant cuttings disappears when grafting onto one plant), has been there for as long as I've been playing The Sims 4 - so for a year and a half maybe.

When you're taking cuttings/grafting in one garden, it's no big deal to do it one at a time, it's just really annoying when you get your cuttings from somewhere else, Sixam, for example.

Message 182 of 321 (695 Views)

★ Guide

As the emergency patch didn't fix this issue, guess we'll have to wait for a while. Thanks for the workarounds, even if they're quite unpleasant, they're enough helpful.

Message 183 of 321 (690 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Just letting this thread know that the team has been aware of this issue and is working on it.

Thank you for your patience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 184 of 321 (690 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo  Thank you for updating us, appreciate the acknowledgement at least. *waits patiently while twiddling thumbs* Frown

Message 185 of 321 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@c9956b777ce96a00 That's strange. I've never had that issue until now.

Message 186 of 321 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Daemonten A tip to easily get your harvestables into your household inventory (with this bug they're safe on the plant or in household inventory):

In build mode:

1. Grab your plant that is ready for harvest...
  2. Drag it to household inventory or just hit delete while the plant is selected.
  3. Your plant will now be in your household inventory along with all it's harvestables (which are stripped from the plant).
  4. Now drag the plant from household inventory back into your lot (ground or planter). 
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 187 of 321 (859 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo I hope so
Best regards from HH Germany
Message 188 of 321 (844 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello.

Just letting this thread know that the team has been aware of this issue and is working on it.

Thank you for your patience.

That's good news, at least!  Please work on it fast!  :D  We're trying our best to be patient while waiting.

Message 189 of 321 (801 Views)

★★ Pro

@SimQARobo I am absolutely dancing in my chair hearing that. I really can't wait. I really miss my main family. I miss having my twins to play with and my garden to tend. Not having a garden really isn't fun, even with the new game I started up. I miss it so much.

Message 190 of 321 (777 Views)