Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by c9956b777ce96a00

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@c9956b777ce96a00I have the same thing happening when I cook or make potions. There seems to be some sort of weird stuck/unstuck thing happening with perfect produce.

When I'm brewing a potion, if my sim keeps cancelling out the brewing action, then I know the veggie is in the stuck position. To get it unstuck, I take the veggie from where it is then put it back again (for instance, if it is lemons in the fridge - I take the lemons out of the fridge and put them in my inventory. I then put the lemons back into the fridge.) The brewing action should work the next time.

That's also how I keep my stuff from disappearing - when I enter the game to play, I take the perfect harvestables from my fridge and put them in my inventory (to unstick them). I then put the perfect harvestables back in the fridge. Now if I go visit somewhere, my harvestables won't disappear when I come home.

Message 101 of 321 (892 Views)

Re: Issue with the sims 4 update

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes that appears to be the same issue. No the harvested were perfect quality and purchased normal quality.
Message 102 of 321 (795 Views)

★ Guide
@troshalom If the plants are in a room (which will then have a concrete floor), they must be in planters or pots (otherwise they will disappear).
Message 103 of 321 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@FrekiNGeri  That's interesting. I'll go fishing again, and when it gets "stuck", maybe putting the bait on the ground or somewhere else for a moment will work.

I'll report back...

Message 104 of 321 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I thought it was weird food in my sim's fridge kept vanishing...

I keep putting tomatoes and basil (high/perfect quality) in the fridge after harvesting, and when I check back later (traveling back from another lot or opening up the game), the tomatoes and basil are gone! Frown

I tried keeping the stuff in my sim's inventory and it seemed to stay there...for know. Might not be there the next time I play.

Message 105 of 321 (842 Views)

my gardening products are disappearing

★★★ Newbie

After I harvest my garden and put the veggies in fridge and flower in the arranging table they disappear? 

Message 106 of 321 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My veg keeps disappearing, like so many other people.

Also new for me since the Nov update:

Sometimes, if I don't queue up a second action for my sim, she won't actually complete the first task & go watch TV or something instead. If I queue up a second task then she will finish the first and ditch out on the second.

Other times when I queue up multiple tasks, she'll start to do the first and then all assigned tasks disappear.

This is all quite annoying.

Has EA acknowledged this is an issue yet?

Message 107 of 321 (822 Views)

★ Apprentice

This may have been answered but I wonder if this bug continues to occur if you restore a backup....?

Message 108 of 321 (815 Views)

Re: my gardening products are disappearing

@NChrosniak  Do the produce and flowers disappear right away, or after your sims travel off the lot?  There's a current issue with items disappearing after sims travel away and back, but I don't want to merge your post unless that's what you're seeing.

Please also try selling the fridge and arranging table and buying new ones, as a test.  You don't need to save your progress, but knowing whether that works or not would be helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 109 of 321 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so, I contacted EA help again.  The main thing, they said they're hoping to fix the bug within the next week (we can hope!).  But, in the meantime, the agent gave me a workaround that might work for some of you:

First, clear your cache: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php.

Second, on your computer, access documents>>EA>>The Sims 4.  Rename The Sims 4 folder to The Sims 4 old.  Once done, launch the game.  When the game gets launched, please exit the game (you don't have to actually play it).

Because you have renamed The Sims 4 folder to old and launched the game and exited it, it creates a new The Sims 4 folder.

Now access The Sims 4 old folder and copy only the SAVES FOLDER.  open The Sims 4 (New Folder).  Use the paste option to paste everything which were copied from The Sims 4 old folder.  If it ask you to overwrite/ merge, select overwrite/ merge.  Once the files/ folders has been copied, launch the game.

When I tried this, I was able to leave the lot without losing things, so at first I was really excited that it had worked.  However, when I left the game and came back, things were gone again. Disappointed  It looks like we're still waiting for them to fix the bug.  At least if they do it within the next week like they hope, that's not awful, but in the meanwhile I'm personally annoyed that I can't really play.

Message 110 of 321 (849 Views)