Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by lyriao

Original Post

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★ Novice

I had a sim move home after university and all the fruits in his inventory disappeared, and I can't move anything out of his ICYA chest, except things where you can select "Place in World."

Message 41 of 321 (2,684 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Please Maxis, fix this quickly and in a way that returns the harvestables that we had.  Like others, I have built up an inventory of perfect grade harvestables (almost every kind) over sim generations, and I was working on the rest.  This bug has totally wiped out my enjoyment of the game.

For info, I came here as soon as I discovered the bug.  It must have kicked in for my game upon me saving and exiting, then returning to the game (as others have reported).  I appear to still have a very limited number of perfect harvestables left in my fridge (one perfect lemon - I previously had upwards of 45).  My gardening sim also still has the correct amount of perfect examples in his inventory at the moment, but my fridge lost almost all of the fruit and veg that was in it when my game updated (with the exception of that one perfect lemon).  When I played the game yesterday (after the update, before the bug was evident) I stored a few more fruit/veg in the fridge.  They are still there at the moment.  My sims have not travelled at all.

I am literally afraid to play even one more second of the game.

Message 42 of 321 (2,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah, for me, it happened on a brand new game also.  If a veggie or flower is of perfect quality, it disappears when I come back from visiting a different lot.  I did take 1 of each and stash them in the family inventory so I'll still have perfect quality seeds when it is fixed.  If I stay on my own lot and don't visit others, the stuff remains in the fridge/chest/flower table.  My perfect ones haven't been turned into normal ones yet, but the bottom of the piles of veggies did have some normal quality.  Those were fine and stayed put even when I went on multiple trips.

Message 43 of 321 (2,656 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR, thanks , as usual for you great gardening tips! 

About the popcorn, I have always found that popcorn stays fresh in the popper forever, but spoils if left out in an individual bowl.  Many of my families with toddlers (especially multiple toddlers) will have a popper full of popcorn available to themAngel.  So I only worry about older Sims eating all of the popcorn! DisappointedThinking
And I can't remember if toddlers can't eat honey in the game or not, but honey also helps fill hunger and never goes bad! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 44 of 321 (2,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Happen to me as well, in a vanilla game on a new install on a new laptop that I bought a few weeks ago. Hadn't played for long, so my stash wasn't that big. Still it was a lot of hard work on a Rags to Riches sim that - litterally - lost everything, and I lost the desire to play.

Message 45 of 321 (2,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I notice this happening quite a bit with one of my saves. I have two sims that fish and do gardening, and one does herbalism. Items disappear from inventory when they travel from one lot to another. I am recording a Sims series, so it is really frustrating my story telling.

In this episode of The Adventures of Kylie and Magnus at 12:09 I discuss items missing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqJt3NOR1Ak&t=729s 

This has been happening since October. 

I mention it in the previous episode too at 1:25 they also lost the photos they took at Chez Llama

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHdBqTpnw0&list=PLvLoYd4hXPTvC6uo6_pAaSj5kGjWYcBj2&t=85s 

Message 46 of 321 (2,591 Views)

Issue with the sims 4 update

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them i cant be bothered listing them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire sim with lots of plasma fruit in the inventory and restart the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The inventory count of plasma fruit for both sims went from 40+ to 7.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the correct number of items in my sims inventory,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover university expansion.

The screenshot isnt going to help it will just show 7 as the amount. It happened and since they were both 7 it must be an issue.

Message 47 of 321 (2,369 Views)

Re: Issue with the sims 4 update

Hero
@Smithy21rj There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Harvestables-disappearing-from-sims-inventory-and/... .. are the ones you have still normal quality and the rest is gone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 321 (2,358 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, having the same issue since the patch. Every time I save and exit my game or have my sims travel from one area to another, all their harvestables from his garden disappear. Items that he has collected that aren't magnificent or perfect quality stay behind. I also tried 'restocking' my fridge and flower arranging station after a few harvests, then saved and exited my game to find they disappeared again. Also moving harvestables to another Sim doesn't keep them safe either. I've worked hard to have a perfect garden for all plants available through the packs I own, this is really frustrating! 

Message 49 of 321 (2,483 Views)

★ Guide

This bug makes the game totally unplayable if the gardening is the primary job of your sims.

It's very easy to reproduce. Create a new game without any mod and CC.

Create a single sim on an empty lot. Download a small garden with perfect quality plants.

Harvest one of them into the personal inventory.

Travel two different lots.

The perface produces are gone in my case.

In my game play, the produces with quality beyond normal are all gone no matter you place them in the personal inventory or chest. No matter you carry the produces with your sim or leave them at home. All gone. The only place that seems to be not affected is the family inventory..

The bug makes my perfect dradonfruit produce disappeared. It is very difficult to get through grafting. I am so frustrate.

Please fix this bug ASAP. The "whim could not be fulfilled" annoying bug which introduced in ROM also need to be fixed. Otherwise, this game is really unplayable.

Message 50 of 321 (2,468 Views)