Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by liveena

Original Post

Re: New Bug with Today's patch

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Hi There, I must say I feel like a veteran at this by now as I have been doing the bug patch dance since the original Sims days. Not to say that this information isn't appreciated as there may be someone who isn't aware of the procedure to confirm that it is indeed a bug reading this.
Message 11 of 321 (2,519 Views)

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Daemonten 

I will 'me too' and can confirm in my game. In my tests:

• All items seem to be in place properly upon initially loading the household or retail lot.
  • Flowers in the the flower table & personal inventory can be taken to another lot (in personal inventory) but when you return to the home lot they are no longer on the lot or in personal inventory. Exception: 6 begonias remain in my flower arranging table consistently. (Please see 'Note' below... this is apparently because of their quality. @Maple Simmer#4903 discovered this detail!)
  • Prepared food in the refrigerator or Lice Cold Freezer seems to remain fine, but not produce left in either. Produce there is also stripped upon re-entry.
  • The sim does not appear to receive any funds for the deleted produce and flowers.
  • In storage chests, produce/herbs are stripped when re-entering the lot, but my fossils, collectable statues, magic beans, gems, and metals remained.

However...

• Produce and flowers that are still on their plants (not harvested yet) do appear to remain when leaving and re-entering the lot.
  • Produce and flowers stored in the household inventory remain when returning.

Workarounds I found:

• You can sell the produce and flowers in your sims' personal inventory, flower arranging tables, and storage boxes before you leave the lot to make sure you get your money since they cannot be saved.
  • You should be able to take flowers and produce to another lot with you in your personal inventory (to cook with on your retail lot, make flower arrangements with on a retail lot there, or sell on that lot. Just make sure you sell in inventory all that remains afterward of these items, as they will be deleted when you return to the lot, or if you try to return to the home with them.

Note: I did not track by plant quality as @MapleSimmer mentioned - great catch - but I should possibly mention with that in mind that most or all of my plants are perfect in quality. 
**EDIT: I just re-tested the begonias that were left in the flower-arranging table on re entry... They were all 'normal' quality!**

I'm so sad. I have sim households with many valuable flowers and produce items in inventory, so I share your pain. Plus this cuts deeply into my play-style with these households.

P.S.... I love your dancing mouse curser on the loading screen. Standard smile

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & on current version.
I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 321 (2,490 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem.
Have tested with mod turned off and it does not help, vegetables disappear anyway.

Message 13 of 321 (2,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here.

I'm playing with my first ever vampire, and all his plasma fruit keep dissappearing. Also wolfsbane, garlic and flowers (have no other veg plants).

Exceptions: the plasma fruit count in the fridge stayed at 21 for a while even with traveling (I put in well over a hundred), and one apple and one pomegranate in the Sim's inventory stay where they are.

All harvestables in the household inventory are untouched. Luckily, I always put one of every harvestable in the household inventory because I'm paranoid.

So for now, I sell everything right away and eat my fill of plasma fruit as soon as they're harvested.

PS: so far I have not paid attention to the quality, but all this is happening since the patch two days ago.

Message 14 of 321 (2,415 Views)

Missing Inventory Items after 11.12.2019 Update

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Discovering University, Toddler Stuf & Luxury Item Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open and play the game, open up items such as personal inventory, refrigerator inventory, chest inventory, and flower arrangement table inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? All items placed in listed inventories are gone. All of the missing items were grown produce or flowers.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see items previously placed in the inventories to be in said inventories, and not missing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After I downloaded the latest EA patch/update to the Sims 4 (patch released on Nov 12, 2019), I played the game as usual and the game worked fine. I saved and ended my game at the end of the day. However, today when I entered the game to play, all of the items I had placed in the above-mentioned inventories were gone.

Message 15 of 321 (2,363 Views)

The Sims 4: Loss of Food Inventory After Travelling

★★★★ Novice

The Sims 4

Ever since the last update for the Sims 4, whenever I travel, I loose all of my Food Inventory, including what was in the refrigerator.

Message 16 of 321 (2,378 Views)

Re: Missing Inventory Items after 11.12.2019 Update

★★★★★ Guide

This is a known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Harvestables-disappearing-from-sims-inventory-and-chest/t...

Were the missing items higher quality than Normal (if you can remember)?

Message 17 of 321 (2,333 Views)

@hwob  I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other relevant details.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 321 (2,354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same bro, Same!

I have been building a new house for days (started before patch) and moved to it and lost all my harvestibles on my sims and degraded down to normal quality 

Message 19 of 321 (2,340 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim has a job in the science career and I noticed after this latest update, that she wouldn't make a serum! I reset the game, and found my fruit and flowers have gone! I can't play when this is happening! when do we know if there's going to be a resolution to this issue? As I can see so many others with this same problem.

Message 20 of 321 (2,316 Views)