Re: [OPEN] Half wall toppers out of place

by Tennear

Original Post

The place wall strips with glass and lamellas in the cellar is no longer possibl

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a basement and pull a half wall and try to place the wall moldings from Dine Out and Get Famous.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall strips hang in the air.
What do you expect to see? That I can place the wall strips again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

If I build a cellar and pull half-walls, I can not place the wall moldings of Dine Out and Get Famous. All three are displayed in the air. New game and no downloads, game cleaned up and repaired.

https://youtu.be/IHnQ1njfxOM

21.11.19_15-03-58.png

Message 21 of 40 (1,177 Views)

★★ Guide

I had a similar issue when building recently, I was having a hard time placing the glass half-wall toppers because they wouldn't snap to the wall and they were floating above the wall or on the ground.

But I'd been messing about with that build for a long time without saving so I went back to the map screen (still not saving) and reloaded the lot, then the wall toppers placed as expected without any drama. And i saved and quit the game for the night while I was ahead 

Message 22 of 40 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Currently in Tidal Tower in Foxbury and the same sort of thing is happening except mine isn't even showing. (Pic attached) I have tried on the two DO ones and the GF one. I'm currently using the DO glass one in this image 

Message 23 of 40 (1,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a similar problem but for me even without foundations (I tried removing it) when the half wall is placed on the roof, the wall trim top appears on the ground 

Message 24 of 40 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Not fixed in the latest Patch. Typical EA.

Kind regards James.

Message 25 of 40 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem with the half wall toppers. Only way I could get rid of them was in build mode, and delete them with the build mode hammer. It least I don't have floating boxes around the house now. Hope they get it fixed, have a lot of houses with half walls....Devil

Message 26 of 40 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having an issue with the half-wall trims mentioned in this topic, but my problem is slightly different: those trims are completely invisible when I use them on any other floor but the ground floor. If I build it on an above-ground floor, all I can see is the base of the trim; if I then move that half-wall with the corresponding trim to the ground floor, it appears normally.

Message 27 of 40 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a half wall in the basement, a 2/3/4 floor or raise the foundation and try to place the wall trim from Dine Out and Get Famous. (those with a top part)
What happens when the bug occurs? The height of the topper will always be the height it's supposed to be if the half wall was on the ground. (And not the actual height of the half wall when built underground. on the 2/3/4 floor or with a foundation added)
What do you expect to see? The topper on the right height.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After the Patch of 12Nov2019 the trim/topper that I had placed (which was working fine until then) began to bug out as described. I tried on many differents lots, with a new save and repairing my game.

Another thing to notice is that the bugged toppers can only be seen on the ground (where it's not supposed to be) when switching to the floor where the trim is supposed to be. If you put a trim/topper on the 3 floor but you are showing/on the ground, the topper is not there, if you switch to the 3 floor then you can see the topper on the ground level (if you don't have a flooring blocking your view) As shown on the image below. 

To me it seems like the problem is that instead of having the topper being set to: height of the half wall compared to the ground + height of the floor level ; it is set to : height of the half wall compared to the ground only, hence the topper only showing at ground level, no matter what.

Message 28 of 40 (914 Views)

Re: The place wall strips with glass and lamellas in the cellar is no longer pos

★★★★ Novice

So glad to have found this ticket. I am having the exact same issue! So annoying!

Message 29 of 40 (845 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except University.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a half wall and add one of the 3 wall trims that have panels. The Slated Wall Trim [DO], The Glass Wall Trim [DO] and The Glass Pane Wall Trim [GF].
What happens when the bug occurs? The first picture shows, when placing a wall trim on a half wall, with one the 3 mentioned wall trims, on the ground floor of a house, it doesn't sit high enough, showing only the top half of the trim. The second picture shows a half wall on a balcony, but the wall trim sits under the wall, on the floor below. You can only see this from the floor above. The first 2 are in a house that's on a small foundation. The third picture shows, that in a penthouse, the wall trim doesn't show at all. I've tried with all wall heights and colour swatches. Same issue each time. Shows in both build and live mode.
What do you expect to see? I except the see the wall trim, at the correct height.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed it after the last update. Before then, no problems.

First picture - trim cut in half.Second picture - trim under half wall.Third picture - no trim in penthouse

Message 30 of 40 (815 Views)