Underground half wall trim float in the air

by jliu670

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Half wall toppers out of place

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here on a penthouse (Uni dorm) Because of the penthouse i did not notice the change with the height of the foundation, nor the whereabouts of the "missing" trim. First floor of the penthouse, and it wasn't showing up at all for me. 

Message 11 of 40 (2,095 Views)

Underground half wall trim float in the air

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game, and stuff packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a half wall in the underground floor, then add half wall trim
What happens when the bug occurs? The half wall trim will float in the air above ground. Please see attached pics.
What do you expect to see? Half wall trim will not float in the air when add trim for underground half wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug happened after I installed the latest patch released on November 12, 2019

11-14-19_6-58-29 PM.pngThe underground half wall trim float in the air above ground;

11-14-19_6-58-43 PM.pngThe half wall with trim built underground

Message 12 of 40 (2,101 Views)

Re: Underground half wall trim float in the air

★ Novice

they also sink into the wall when placed on foundation

Message 13 of 40 (2,088 Views)

Re: Underground half wall trim float in the air

Hero
@jliu670 Merged this with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 40 (2,066 Views)

Fences and Half Wall Trims appearing in Lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 158.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check Lots and try placing Half Wall Trims
What happens when the bug occurs? A Fence appears out of nowhere in different places in the Lot. in the middle of the floors in which I have not placed one. It Seems to be somthing to do with the Half Wall Trims which can no longer be placed as normal
What do you expect to see? Nothing and with the ability to place Half Wall Trims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch before Discover University

Fences or Half Wall Trims are appearing In between floors which have not been placed by me and cannot be deleted. .Half Wall trims cannot be added to Half Walls

Kind regards James.

Message 15 of 40 (2,059 Views)

Half-wall Glass Pane Trim only appears on the ground floor.

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get Famous (Only Applicable ones.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the Get Famous glass pane Half-wall trim on a second floor wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you use the glass pane, it's meant to put a glass border on a half-wall, but if it's on the second floor the glass shows up on the ground.
What do you expect to see? I would like the glass to be on the correct floor, because I like to use it in almost every house I build.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing University.

In the screenshot I used, the one on the right is the border used on a second floor half-wall. You can probably tell, but the glass in the doorway is meant to be up top.

Message 16 of 40 (2,030 Views)

Re: Half-wall Glass Pane Trim only appears on the ground floor.

Hero
@whartooth Merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 40 (2,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Platform: PC Win10 64-bit
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions and stuff packs installed EXCEPT First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff & Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a half wall in the underground floor, then add half wall trim
What happens when the bug occurs? The half wall trim will float in the air above ground or inside half-wall. Please see attached pics.

- Far left wall placed on ground, no foundation. Wall trim works correctly

- Center wall placed on foundation raised 1 step. Wall trim inside half-wall.

- Far right wall is in basement with wall trim above ground level
What do you expect to see? Half wall trim visibly in proper location on the half-wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use CC and this happens with and without CC installed.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug happened after I installed the released on November 12, 2019 or with Discover university. I didn't play between the 2 releases so I can't pinpoint when it happened.

Message 18 of 40 (1,935 Views)

★★ Guide

When will this be fixed?!!!

EA Updates always seem to break something. I dont think EA are checking things with all packs installed.

Kind regards James.

Message 19 of 40 (1,894 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Half wall toppers out of place

★★★ Guide

I saw this last night. Seems to only happen for me with the 3 pack related  Half wall Trims [ 2 Dine out, 1 Get Famous] it looks even weirder when the half wall is in a basement as the trim shows above ground instead of on the half wall where it should be. I don't use those trims as often but when I saw it was was confused. Good to see there's a post on it.

Message 20 of 40 (1,824 Views)