Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Half wall toppers out of place

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed and patches are current to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Draw a half wall and place a topper - the one from Dine Out. (and Get Famous)
What happens when the bug occurs? The topper will either float above the wall or sink down into the half wall. This happens when a half wall is either drawn inside a room or is copied and placed inside a room. Included in this post is a picture showing a half wall with topper drawn outside the build. It also shows what happens when drawn inside a room. I moved the same wall to another spot and the topper stayed put. It cannot be deleted or moved.
What do you expect to see? The wall topper (Dine Out) to place properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed 1.58.63.1010 Patch 12Nov2019. In addition to the patch I started with a clean never played vanilla folder and repaired the game.

Half wall issue
This is an illustration of what I am seeing

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 40 (6,306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glass pane wall trim bug

Hero

Half Walls toppers can now be applied to half walls on all levels of your lot.
○ Topper… it’s a technical term that means the piece that goes on top of a half wall.
■ Ok, the issue summary said topper, I couldn’t remember what it was called, so I left it as topper.
● Of course I have the game up and running. Yes I could go look…

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 40 (6,122 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Half wall toppers out of place

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EuphorialQueen I  could reproduce... with the following stipulations:

• I could delete the trim and the half wall, so that was not an issue for me.
  • After a bunch of testing and found in the end that in my game the foundation seems to be the deciding factor for me:
  1. If I have no foundation the entire trim can be seen:
    1.jpg
  2. If I move up the foundation one click the bottom of the trim cannot be seen:
    2.jpg
  3. If I move up the foundation two clicks the most of the trim cannot be seen:
    3.jpg

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & all updates are run.
I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 40 (6,210 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SheriGR Exactly the same happens in my game. Affected are the toppers from Dine Out and Get Famous. The small base game toppers cause no problems.
Message 3 of 40 (6,197 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@alanmichael1 wrote:
@SheriGRExactly the same happens in my game. Affected are the toppers from Dine Out and Get Famous. The small base game toppers cause no problems.

Thanks for the reminder. I added the Get Famous toppers to my report.
@SheriGR  Thank you for testing. I too noticed that foundations or placing half walls below ground level (in basement) made a difference in the topper placement. I did not manipulate the terrain. But I can imagine if a foundation contributes to the issue then terrain manipulation would certainly duplicate the results above.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 40 (6,174 Views)

Champion

@EuphorialQueen I tried in my game and terrain height did not effect it, as far as I can tell. You are very welcome - any time!  Coffee cup

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 40 (6,166 Views)

Glass pane wall trim bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, city living, 4 seasons, jungle adventure, parenthood, outdoor retreat, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff, luxury party stuff, and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a balcony on a floor above the first, and put the "glass pane wall trim" from the "get famous" pack on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? the trim appears normally, however, the glass paneling appears down on the first floor.
What do you expect to see? the glass paneling on the trim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

the "glass pane wall trim" had been working normally yesterday (11/12/19) before my game updated, so I presume the issue has something to do with the update.

Message 6 of 40 (6,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to add that I am experiencing this problem as well. I noticed that any foundation above ground level causes any half wall trim to bug out. I have all packs installed and disabled mods. You can recreate the problem easily by putting down a half wall on ground level and apply a half wall trim. When you adjust the foundation to any height, it will cause the trim to anchor down, seemingly.

Message 7 of 40 (6,163 Views)

★★ Apprentice

this is also happening with the Dine Out trim as well. Any trim with an extra part on top seems to be affected

Message 8 of 40 (6,149 Views)

Hero
@kiina7 Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (6,131 Views)

★★ Novice

I am seeing the half wall trims in places where there is no (and never was a) half wall. It shows up when I toggle between stories. 

Message 10 of 40 (6,087 Views)