[FIXED] Hair changes made don't appear on work clothing/nude

by puderosasims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Hair changes made don't appear on work clothing/nude

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi! Standard smile

I recently started a new save in which I gave some of the premades a makeover. However, I noticed that most of them will go back to their old looks when changing into work clothes. They suddenly start wearing their previous hairstyles and makeup again, the ones they had before I edited them.
This bug also seems to occur when my Sims take a bath or shower.

I first thought this issue could be cc related, but it remained even after I removed all files from the mods folder. Deleting the caches and repairing the game didn't help as well.

I added two pictures of Mortimer Goth to (hopefully) make myself more clear. The first one shows him in his everyday outfit, the second in his working clothes. As you can see, I gave him a new hairstyle.

I wonder if this is somehow linked to the bug which causes Sims to come home from work in really weird clothing after getting promoted.

Thanks in advance for any help! Standard smile

Message 1 of 26 (6,669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hair changes made don't appear on work clothing/nude

Hero

• We have adjusted the hairstyles for our premade Sims (such as the Goths) to not change drastically during outfit changes, where it would not make sense for their hair to change.

Hi @puderosasims

I'm not 100% sure if this is the issue address but could you check if you still have this problem

Marking this as fixed for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 26 (7,855 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims go back to their "old looks" when changing into work clothes

Hero

Did you change it again after removing the custom content ?

Is it just the workout fit and did you set the hair to change for outfits ? Was it changed for the nude outfit as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (6,641 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for replying! I made some small changes after removing the custom content to see if that helps, but the problem remained. It's mainly the work outfit, sometimes also the nude one. I included two pictures of Bella Goth, and as you can see, she looks totally different when being nude. The weird thing is that I've never even used (or seen!) that hairstyle and makeup on her before.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you mean with "set the hair to change for outfits". Sounds like an option I somehow managed to overlook, haha.

Message 3 of 26 (6,634 Views)

Hero

I forgot the ALL outfits. 

I'll test this on the weekend 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (6,621 Views)

★★ Guide

Ah, I understand. Standard smile Yes, I made sure to change the hair in every outfit category.

Message 5 of 26 (6,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can't duplicate this

Did you re-set the outfit after removing cc ?

Did you use change Sim or change appearance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (6,584 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, I did. And I always use "Manage Households" for editing my Sims.

Just found a cheat which at least lets me change their work outfit (sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas). They still look different when being nude, though.

Message 7 of 26 (6,572 Views)

Hero

I'll test manage household.

Could you test change appearance on the mirror to see if that makes them look correctly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (6,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just tested it, but it didn't work as well. Strange.

Message 9 of 26 (6,549 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, I don't have any time to test this week. I'll see if someone else can try it for me or else I'll try on the weekend

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (6,544 Views)