Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HSY] Teen graduated early but dropped out at the same time

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? high school years, cottage living, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover uni, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party, and country kitchen kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a teen graduate from high school early
What happens when the bug occurs? I got a notification that my teen could graduate early and if i click yes he does graduate high school early... and also drops out of high school. I cannot join any adult careers. No graduation on calendar. No mention of a diploma unless its to say "finish high school or your unable to join additional careers" or similar.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my teen to graduate early and not drop out at the same time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

IMG_4297.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 12 (5,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Graduation Not Showing on Calendar

Hero

Early Graduates now receive their diploma and no longer are erroneously told that they are dropping out.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (4,438 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem like every one else with the graduation. My sim can go to the prom without a problem. My sim graduated early and there was no graduation and didn’t get a diploma. And after my sim graduated early it said that she dropped out of high school!!! There was no graduation listed on Sunday. I tried to update the game and repair it and nothing is working!!!!

Message 1 of 12 (5,713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@heiress90 I'm having the same issue
Message 2 of 12 (5,248 Views)

Re: teen graduated early but dropped out at the same time

★★★ Novice

I too have encountered this issue. My sim graduated early and when she arrived home was notified she had dropped out and needed to complete school online. Went to the computer with no option to complete diploma. 

Message 4 of 12 (5,279 Views)

Re: teen graduated early but dropped out at the same time

★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue. Sim graduated early, but the popup stated she cannot apply to jobs until she obtains a diploma online, however i can enroll in university as a teen. I dont have mods or CC, never used. 

Message 5 of 12 (5,250 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Teen graduated early but dropped out at the same time

★ Novice
@chellekathryn Mine just said that I can graduate early by speaking to the principal or using the computer, but I can't find an option on the computer.
Message 6 of 12 (4,442 Views)

★ Guide

I just started having this issue. Had 3 teens graduate early. I got the notification that they did graduate early. Then immediately after the "Graduated Early" I got the "Dropped Out" for each of them. I'm not worried about graduation, per se. I am a little concerned that when graduation does happen for teens, nothing pops up to take you there like it does for the high school classes. You would think it would, and that it would allow you to pick who goes just like class (multiple children of 'same' age). Sorta like college only more like high school class so no one needing to graduate would miss it. I'm not on PC. I'm on Play Station. 

Message 7 of 12 (4,285 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had this issue. My sim got a call to graduate early, she did then was told she dropped out. Now when I get the call I ignore it. 

Message 8 of 12 (4,280 Views)

★ Novice

got a pop up for my sim to graduate early then one saying she graduated and dropped out?? 
I love this family and don’t wanna have to restart 😭

Message 9 of 12 (4,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the ui cheats extension mod installed.

I used it to delete my sims “graduated early” trait by right clicking on it.

then when I went to “find a job” she has the option to become a HS student again??

not sure if this is a fix???

Message 10 of 12 (4,040 Views)