Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HSY] Date/Prom invitations target active Sim instead of intended

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, High School Years, Island Living, Seasons, Snow Escape Game Packs: Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Star Wars, StrangerVille, Vampires, Werewolves Stuff Packs: Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Moschino, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Tiny Living, Toddler, Vintage Glamour Kits: Blooming Rooms, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Courtyard Oasis, Decor to the Max, Incheon, Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. My teen sim has the adult friended on the Social Bunny App and a good relationship with the adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets a phone call from the adult and the adult confesses they have a crush. Sim has options to accept a date, ask to be just friends or ghost the adult.
What do you expect to see? Teen sims should not be getting calls related to an adult wanting to start a romantic relationship.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm going to give the team the benefit of the doubt here and assume this must be a bug.  Adult sims, let alone the school principal asking a minor on a date isn't appropriate.  Lets fix this so it's not a thing, alright?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 28 (2,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inappropriate Promposals

Hero

Sims will correctly direct their prom invites to the Sim they intended to ask, not the Sim currently controlled by the player.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (1,925 Views)

All Replies

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★ Apprentice
@PositivelySIMful Adult sims keep asking my teen sims out on dates (mostly my teacher Marcel), and my boyfriend Marcel's son Sidney, keeps asking my mum to go to the next level in their relationship but they are just friends.

And like some others here my boyfriend also keeps asking me to take our relationship to the next level even though we are promised.
Message 2 of 28 (2,689 Views)

Re: Adult sim asking teen on date

Champion (Retired)

@CatGotKeyboard 

This should be included in the patch due out later this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 28 (2,674 Views)

Hero

There have been mentions on this in several threads but there's no dedicated one for this specific scenario so I'm moving this to the bug forum

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (2,653 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Great news!  Thank you!  

Message 5 of 28 (2,652 Views)

Hero
@CatGotKeyboard I moved your post. Could you please fill out the form (see my post above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (2,649 Views)

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

Hero
@Eloka477 I moved your post over to a thread for that scenario.

Can you confirm that's the message you're seeing too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (2,647 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Done! Thanks for the help!
Message 8 of 28 (2,620 Views)

Hero
@CatGotKeyboard Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (2,610 Views)

★★ Guide

This happened to me yesterday on my PS5. A married adult asked my teen on a date and I got that same message the poster linked. I went ahead and said yes just to see what would happen and there is no way to be romantic with them ir ask on a date however my teen could slow dance with her.. in my case it was Sydney and Savannahs mother who is a married sim.

Message 10 of 28 (2,591 Views)