Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HR] Sims get stuck cooking/eating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Snowy Escape Cottage Living High School Years Growing Together Horse Ranch The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator The Sims 4: My Wedding Stories The Sims 4: Werewolves Stuff packs The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim try to cook on a stove, grill, or eat a quick meal
What happens when the bug occurs? SIm gets stuck at the stove or at the table not actually eating. They will just stay sitting or standing but action does not queue
What do you expect to see? My sim finishing cooking and then eating. Or eating the quick meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded new Sims 4 Pack: Horse Ranch

Sim isn't able to complete the cooking process or eat quick meals resulting in starvation

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 144 (10,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [HR] Sims get stuck cooking/eating

Community Manager

Sims occasionally were stuck staring into space while starting activities such as eating or cooking. It turns out this was a possible side effect of going home from another location via “Ride Home. Well, no longer! Sims now can enjoy their post-ride meal.

Fixed in Patch 1.99 
If you're still experiencing issues with this bug, please create a new thread so we can continue to track this. Thanks!

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 144 of 144 (5,147 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim won't eat

Hero
@Derpywinnie Could you try loading to the map and back in ? Also try to move around stuff a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 144 (10,145 Views)

Re: Sims get stuck cooking/eating

★★ Novice
@Derpywinnie Having the exact same issue after installing Horse Ranch :/ I've 'Me too'ed this post
Message 3 of 144 (10,086 Views)

Hero
@mattjambob Do you have it in Chestnut Ridge only or other worlds too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 144 (10,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. No mods or CC at all I’ve tried moving replacing and deleting the furniture. Was on the palomino junction lot.

Message 5 of 144 (10,065 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Just tested on an Oasis Springs lot, the sims can cook/grill as normal. Looks like it's a Chestnut Ridge specific bug
Message 6 of 144 (10,065 Views)

Hero
@aprilise Going to mark this as Horse Ranch issue until someone confirms it happens in other worlds.

I had it too during my playtesting but just once and going to the map and back resolved it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 144 (10,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Loading into a new map didn't fix it for me. I had to fully quit to the main menu and go back in. Have had to do this every single time my sim has tried to cook :/

Message 8 of 144 (9,960 Views)

Re: Sim won't eat

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict So if I exit the family and go to the map it sometimes works as a reset. Closing my game completely always makes it work.
Message 9 of 144 (9,919 Views)

Re: [HR] Sims get stuck cooking/eating

★ Apprentice
@Derpywinnie I had this issue too on the new grill next to the restaurant in chestnut ridge. Just kept standing there/cooking but never finished.
Message 10 of 144 (9,915 Views)