Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Grim Reaper roaming about

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? travel to a venue/community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Grim Reaper shows up and behaves like a townie/NPC.
What do you expect to see? only regular Sims as townies/NPCs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

hi. posting because i found this thread and i can't add to it, so i decided to use the new template. i hope that's all right.

so while the OP states that a Guru said it is not by design, i have been told by other players at TS4 forums that (even if people keep experiencing and reporting this) Grim hanging around community lots has always been a thing, and that it's not a bug.

i had never encountered this in my own saves until about a month ago, though. it started from one day to the next--no game patches, no mods or CC, no deaths (that i could see; i play with ageing off but i was told this is irrelevant), just out of the blue. what do you think?

Message 4 of 11 (2,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grim Reaper roaming about (re-add?)

★★ Expert
not recently, no. i completely forgot to post about it!

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,666 Views)

All Replies

[Bug] - Grim Reaper Roaming About

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a both a question and a bug report

I've noticed that Grim Reaper has decided to roam my lands lately, I can see him acting like a townie, SimGuruDaniel did mention that is NOT supposed to happen.

Has anyone had this issue (mostly people with old save games, mine's from October)

Message 1 of 11 (2,261 Views)

Re: [Bug] - Grim Reaper Roaming About

Hero

Do you see Grim on a regular basis ? If so, could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,252 Views)

Re: [Bug] - Grim Reaper Roaming About

★★ Apprentice

I was seeing him everywhere before the December patch. he was in the lounge/nightclub. Showed up at a couple of public venues I had weddings at, dancing with my wedding guests.  I have not seen him in my most recent saved game however, and I started it around the 3rd or 4th week of December.

hope that helps!

Message 3 of 11 (2,249 Views)

Hero

I don't think that's a bug.

That's been happening for me since forever and I've never seen any statement that it's not supposed to happen.

Tagging @SimGuruNick for clarification. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

okay. thank you. maybe it was just random that some people never encountered him from the beginning?

also, i appreciate your (always quick) replies.

Message 6 of 11 (2,036 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm not positive, but I do not think this is by design. The Grim Reaper should not show up as a random townie on community lots. Although are you sure it's someone in the actual Grim Reaper role? It could possibly be a random Sim who randomly just got his outfit. Either way though, seems like an issue. We'll investigate and I'll let you know if we have any questions, thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 11 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

all i can see is that he shows up as "Grim Reaper" for the Sims who know him, and the same when you hover the mouse over him.

and thank you!

Message 8 of 11 (1,997 Views)

Hero

@unseenlarks are you still seeing the Reaper roam about ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,625 Views)

★★ Expert
not recently, no. i completely forgot to post about it!
Message 10 of 11 (1,667 Views)