[FIXED] Go here not working correctly / Sims don't stay where directed

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Go here not working correctly / Sims don't stay where directed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

After the December update, I can no longer get my Sims to go where they are told to go.  I removed ALL mods, wiped the Sims folder, started a fresh game, and they still don't go where they're told.  Sometimes, they get close, others, they wind up several squares away from where they were directed to go.  Before the update, I had a set of carpets which I used to mark spots for my sims to dance together (for screen shots and such), now, IF they go anywhere near where I say "Go Here", and click for them to dance, they move all over the place, often completely to the other side of the room.  How on earth can an update totally mess up pathing? 

Message 1 of 44 (1,064 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Go here

★★★ Guide

This issue has seemed to have worked it's self out sometime during my short hiatus from the game.  Regular dancing now works like it did before Get Together.  At least for the time being Standard smile

View in thread

Message 43 of 44 (995 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do you see any other oddities with stuff being off from where you click ? Like the menu opening in a different place or something ?

Can you try what happens if you set your Windows Font to 120% (yeah, I know a bit random but it helped with other issues that could be related).

I've just tried this in my own game and I don't have the issue.

Also what's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Guide

Currently I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Alienware A10, 7/13/2015
SMBIOS Version    2.8
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    11.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory    31.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory    28.1 GB
Page File Space    15.9 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

I hadn't noticed other things being off, but I hadn't been paying that much attention, and was focusing on what was happening with the Go Here command.

Windows Font to 120?  I'll give that a shot.

I'll post back with the results either way.

Message 3 of 44 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Guide

It helped just a little, for about 2 minutes, and then they went back to not going where directed.  I tried setting the font to both the custom 120 you suggested, and the windows 125 setting.  So this issue really is not resolved for me.  Is it at all possible, that it has something to do with changes made to the building I have been using?  (The update did delete one of the trees I had in the basement, but just one of the 6 that were there.  And I have had some issue placing items in the game since the patch.  I really, REALLY, don't want to rebuild the house I have had my Sims living in for about a year now.  And why on earth would changes in the Windows Display Font Sizes that are not default settings have an impact on the game?

Message 4 of 44 (1,048 Views)

Hero

Did you just try at that house or different places too ? Also when you made a new house, did you re-place that house or just tried on a random house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 44 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's a remodel of a Maxis house (Brook Bungalow) that have have been updating, changing, etc. probably ever since the game came out.  And no, I haven't tried in another house.  But I will.  I always place it from the world view, because it keeps the aura's on the master piece painting and pumpkins I have all over the place.  (If I go into Build Mode, and load from the gallery, they lose the aura ... another issue in my book).

Message 6 of 44 (1,028 Views)

Hero

Do you have the house in your gallery ? If not, could you upload so I can give it a try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Guide

A semi-relief.  I did two tests.  A completely new game, with brand new sims, and my saved sims on a lot that I bulldozed, set the carpet down, the stereo, and a chair and had them dance.  At first they went where told, and the first 3 danced where indicated, the other 2 started moving around, and after that, getting them to go where I indicated didn't work.  I even went so far as to try launching in 32 bit instead of 64 bit.  That didn't change matters either.

Here is a screen shot of how I used to be able to have them stand to dance:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/12f8c212b6213a72949c70e60a99aa22/tumblr_nvvbsfRkzZ1uw2n86o1_1280.png

And them dancing in those locations:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/76ed0a4d1c41354de552135ec83746d2/tumblr_nvroa5tLME1uw2n86o1_1280.png

http://40.media.tumblr.com/fc06e50feb689c91b4de08dd61cc5e8f/tumblr_nvgrqfk4881uw2n86o1_1280.png

https://41.media.tumblr.com/d73ae08ca71282950c873067a26235a8/tumblr_nv8ladMX241uw2n86o1_1280.png

http://40.media.tumblr.com/cbb5ef845a2116992cb7cc5023a50c94/tumblr_nszjt55OJR1uw2n86o1_1280.png

When I can make them actually go to where they "used" to stand, which isn't often, once I tell them to dance, they take off and wind up sometimes on the opposite side of where I had them standing.

Message 8 of 44 (1,019 Views)

Hero

is this just happening when you do this particular setup or also if you just choose a random place somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Guide

It did it on empty lots that I put the carpet down on to have them dance.  Two different locations, neither of which was the lot I usually play on.  Is that what you're asking?

Message 10 of 44 (1,011 Views)