Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Glass roofs on the ground are unroutable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a tall glass dome and have a door into it on the same level. Have objects inside the dome. Sims will not be able to interact with objects inside even though the dome is tall enough to be routable.
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects inside glass domes cannot be used!
What do you expect to see? Objects inside glass domes can be used if the dome is tall enough.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.52.100

Glass domes on the ground are unroutable - objects inside them cannot be used. However if you use non-glass roofs then everything becomes useable again. 

This is a video to demonstrate this bug. No mods or CC was used. 

1. Glass dome with objects inside, with door leading into it

2. Sim cannot use anything inside, its unroutable.

3. Change the roof to a non-glass one.

4. Sim can now use the dome again. All objects are useable.

Message 1 of 8 (1,656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEED INPUT] Glass roofs on the ground are unroutable

Hero

Glass roof created on the ground should now be routable (as long as there is an entryway built into it).

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,343 Views)

All Replies

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I just forwarded this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@simmytime Tried this with multiple variants of glass roofs, all the same problem. Also tried to go underground then up the stairs to enter dome, no use.

Thank you @crinrict. Would you mind tagging Simgurunick and simguru arvin in this on twitter? I did but I have no following so they probably cant see Standard smile Thanks 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 8 (1,586 Views)

Champion

@simmytime Your description and video are very helpful. Would it be possible for you to upload the build to the gallery so we can also test in-game... with a name of something like 'dome test' and provide us the link or r the exact name of the build in the gallery? 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 8 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR sorry for the late reply, just received this!

I uploaded this exact build, found here https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/96547520980311E9873A7B4004AD276D?category=al... 

This bug can be replicated with any glass dome on the ground. 

Thanks x

Message 5 of 8 (1,481 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@simmytime Thank you for the link! I have placed your build and can confirm that my sim also could enter or not enter the dome area depending on if the roofing was glass or not, like with your sim. I was also able to re-create the issue in a new lot/'room' I made with the roofing in that manner. Please see video: https://youtu.be/FBVuPEKoofA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 8 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having a issue with the round roof placement. Can not use a round roof at all. Build a two story house, place stairs on first floor, add a round roof on the house, the first floor stairs disappear. Try to place the stairs again and you get the error message.Can't intersect with roofs. Happens every time. Only does it on the round roof, all the other roofs work fine.

Message 7 of 8 (1,452 Views)

Hero

Glass roof created on the ground should now be routable (as long as there is an entryway built into it).

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,344 Views)