Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Journey to Batuu, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a ghost into CAS, either by downloading one or editing an existing one in-world.
What happens when the bug occurs?  The ghost sim appears in CAS no longer semi-transparent, but as a normal sim.
What do you expect to see?  The ghost sim should retain their ghostly appearance while in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Paranormal patch

---

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

Hero

Ghost Sims will now appear as Ghosts in CAS. There were moments that they made us take a second look there, but nope, they are Ghosts and Ghosts they shall display as. I think I saw this as a plot for a movie… Ghosts… a machine, a dance… ANYWAY.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,361 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

★★★ Apprentice
@hexmaniacrose I have this problem too, any ghost appears as a human in CAS. They're still ghost in live mode but not in CAS
Message 2 of 8 (1,690 Views)

Ghost Sims appear as human in CAS

★★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in CAS with ghosts, they appear as normal humans in CAS instead of ghosts. They are still considered as ghost in live mode and still have their ghost voice in CAS but just appear human.

I don't use mods and I don't use CC, I already repaired the game twice but still.

If there's anyone to help me please, thank you.

Message 3 of 8 (1,695 Views)

Re: Ghost Sims appear as human in CAS

★★★ Pro

@Jomilej Seeing this in my game also whether it's Sims cats or dogs they appear normal.

Message 4 of 8 (1,689 Views)

Re: Ghost Sims appear as human in CAS

Hero
@Jomilej Merged this with the bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,657 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

★★★ Apprentice

Hey, I had this one, post paranormal patch recently. Using UI Cheats, MCCC without the Population and Pregnancy Modules, and part of the better schools mod. (At the time, I was like... "This is a ghost, right? Huh?")

Message 6 of 8 (1,505 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

★★★ Apprentice

I had this issue prior to the two most recent patches, but it no longer occurs for me. The sims icon at the bottom would remain a ghost portrait, so I had assumed that it was an intentional feature to make it easier to edit ghost sims.

Message 7 of 8 (1,423 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Ghosts appearing as normal sims in CAS

Hero

Ghost Sims will now appear as Ghosts in CAS. There were moments that they made us take a second look there, but nope, they are Ghosts and Ghosts they shall display as. I think I saw this as a plot for a movie… Ghosts… a machine, a dance… ANYWAY.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,362 Views)