Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ghost cannot restore life via the book of life

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get Together; GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out; SPs: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden; FSs: Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1)Have a sim complete bestselling author aspiration; 2)Write the book of life; 3)Capture an epic saga of a living sim; 4)Have that sim die; 5)Invite the ghost of that sim sim to your household; 6)Click on book of life with that ghost.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to restore ghost's life is not there.
What do you expect to see? We should have 3 methods of bringing ghosts back to life instead of 2 and we should be able to take full advantage of bestselling author aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't play the game for 9 month so I can't really tell which patch made this issue, but before I took a break from the game, books of life worked perfectly fine. I am assuming the patch that revamped culling caused this issue.

Hello,

I haven't seen simmers having an exact same problem as I do, so I am creating a new thread.

NOTES:

X I DON'T HAVE ANY MODS. ONLY TINY BIT OF CC BUT ALL 3RD PARTY CONTENT IS DISABLED

X THE SIM THAT WROTE THE BOOK OF LIFE IS DEAD

X BOOK OF LIFE WAS WRITTED MORE THAT ONE YEAR AGO

X THE OTHER FEATURES OF BOOK OF LIFE WORK PERFECTLY FINE. I CAN READ AN EPIC TALE TO FILL THE SIM'S NEEDS, EVEN IF THE SIM WHO IS READING IT IS ON THE SAME LOT OR THE SIM READING IS THE GHOST HIMSELF. I CAN SUMMON GHOST ALSO.

Message 4 of 17 (6,164 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Ghost cannot restore life via the book of life

Hero

• Fixed an issue where ghost Sims were unable to use a Book of Life to resurrect themselves.

Fixed in Patch 1.49.65

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (6,524 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Book of Life doesn't work as it should

★★★★ Novice

I'm having similar issues with the Book of Life after the patch. My situation is this: I have four family members of which one is a ghost, each with their own unique Book of Life. After the patch, the book seems to be fully functional regarding living members of the household, i.e. you can select "Read the story of ..." (I'm using Swedish language in the game, so I don't know the exact wording for the command in English), and the Sim the book is written for gets invigorated. This works for ghosts too. However, there is no option to revive the ghost as I expected there to be, not when reading their own book or when someone else reads it for them.

I'm using (lots of) mods, but I have tried both with or without these without success. I have tried using American English language as well, in case there was some language problem. I have a specific save without mods available if needed.

One minor bug I noticed while testing this is that the notification for being invigorated this way always mentions the one reading the book as being invigorated, even though they read someone else's book - who is the one actually invigorated. 

Message 1 of 17 (6,055 Views)

Hero
Hi @Snusmumriken71

would be good if you could share your save with @SimQAIcarus as asked on the previous page.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (6,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sure, here's a save file without mods enabled: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlnHbwoQ8a_Rl3xmeeEp0W4iKw42
Message 3 of 17 (6,036 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Ghost cannot restore life via the book of life

★ Apprentice

I decided to create a new household, write a new book of life and have a sim die. And yes, this is still an issue. The problem is not caused by books being written a long time ago. It seems strange to me how I can summon a ghost, read epic tale to restore needs, even when sims are on a same lot but the one most important feature is missing. I think this is a bug that EA should be aware of and fix because it messes with the big feature of the game. This issue is game breaking for me, because I have planned to bring my sims back to life with those books for a very long time.

Message 5 of 17 (6,067 Views)

Hero
On the test backlog

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (5,999 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (5,964 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ghost cannot restore life via the book of life

★★ Novice
having the exact same problem as you except my platform is ps4 in which you can't even read the book when your sim is alive unless someone else does. I have been on this save file for one month and I am genuinely upset because I spent my Sim's entire life on grinding and writing and make book of life's. I am also making his sister work on ambrosia so they are like immortal sims. I would also like to note they died of old age. Not sure if that affects anything
Message 8 of 17 (5,921 Views)

Hero

Hi @4116411641164116

could you please create a separate thread for console.

As packs/patches are currently not in sync, it's best to have separate threads for the platforms.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (5,906 Views)

★★ Novice
I will start right now on that.
Message 10 of 17 (5,893 Views)