[FIXED] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I play rotationally.  I went in and gave the current household likes and dislikes, so they've gotten a few ([Name] seems to be really enjoying this music! is it safe to say that s/he likes [style]?) but their adult son who lives in another household came over to hang out and got 3 or 4 in a very short period of time.  Like, thanks, I'm not playing that household right now, but sure?

Message 21 of 72 (2,303 Views)

Re: Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

★★★ Novice

I am also getting this on sims that I have played before but are now in a household marked unplayed (still heart under My Household) as well on my PC version. I created one main household and moved sims to this other household when I split the family. I flagged that family as unplayable, but I often see it when that unplayed sim is visiting the main household. I have had requests for liking fitness, programming, dancing, music, guitar, etc.

Message 22 of 72 (2,271 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got a pop up too about the likes and dislikes but I believe I only got the notification once. It happened when one of my other played households stopped by the house of my sim that I was actively playing at the moment. My played household sim started to randomly do exercises and that's when I was prompted to either have her like fitness or not. I played for several real time hours and that was the only pop up I received. It seems to be that players only get the notification when their played household sim is in the area and doing something that triggers the like or dislike. I didn't receive any other pop ups from random, unplayed sims.

Message 23 of 72 (2,218 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’m having this problem too from sim in a played household but not my active household and it was about them disliking dancing 

Message 24 of 72 (2,181 Views)

★★★★ Expert

TBH I’m one of those control freak players, lol, so I don’t want random likes and dislikes on my played households.  I just... am not playing that household right now. 

(I even left the household of four that I created solely to be possible friends and love interests for my Sims (my “spouse farm”) marked played so I wouldn’t get any surprises. I only mean to play them if they marry one of my Sims, but... I still got a popup for one.  Okay? I’m not playing him now, but fine?)

Message 25 of 72 (2,168 Views)

new

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Random pop-ups from other households about their likes and dislikes while trying to play my sims 4 game is just stupid. The 5/27/2021 patch update for the upcoming pack is ANNOYING!!!! Everything is so generalized!! I actually thought that these popups about liking certain hobbies would be confined to just the household that is being played, not every household in the game.

Message 26 of 72 (2,168 Views)

Re: new

Champion (Retired)

@NitaJB 

You must at least have met them. Do you play rotationally? If so one of your other households probably met them. Anyway the popups will quickly die down as you have answered one. Even in my rotational play save it has mostly been from members of one of my other households.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 27 of 72 (2,150 Views)

Re: new

Hero
@NitaJB I merged your post with the bug report. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 72 (2,130 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

★★ Guide

Same here. I'm flooded with pop ups about NPC likes and dislikes. It happens every few seconds. Pretty much can't do anything BUT choose NPC likes and dislikes in the game right now. 

Message 29 of 72 (2,025 Views)

Being asked to choose likes and dislikes for everybody

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything but Bust the Dust, The ThrowBack Fit Kit, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, and Oasis.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game. Wait for other sims in that save file to do things.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get pop - ups to choose likes and dislikes for Sims that are in this save file but I am not currently playing. My Sim does not know them, but I'm still getting requests to choose their likes and dislikes. One was an NPC, several others were for another sim I previously played.
What do you expect to see? I expect to actively be asked to choose likes and dislikes for only the household I am playing. Other households should either remain static or be assigned random ones if they do not have any.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch with the likes and dislikes.

I don't want to choose likes and dislikes for sims I'm not playing, especially if they are NPCs that I don't know. 

Message 30 of 72 (1,930 Views)