[FIXED] Get To Know does not reveal traits

by Sketch793

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Get To Know does not reveal traits

★★★ Guide

I'm also seeing this, not sure when it started though. It is not causing any LEs, I just don't learn anything when I choose "Get to Know". At first I thought it may be because I already knew everything about the Sim, but I've recently added an NPC to my household who does not have enough points to get the "Observant" trait, and whenever he does "GTK" it works maybe 1 out of 10 times, and it is always just 1 trait. I used to get all 3 traits, or 2 if the Sim only had 2 traits. On occasion if I am discussing a topic with a Sim I will learn a trait (ex: discuss fitness will sometimes reveal that the Sim is "Active"). I do typically pause my game to queue up actions and I do use mods and CC. I will remove all the mods and try using "GTK" unpaused by itself and see what happens.

Message 61 of 65 (633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And? Did anything change after deleting all mods/cc and testing again?

For me this problem seem to have started a few weeks ago out of nowhere. Can't really say if it was right after an update or something. Very strange. I loved that option a lot and now it seems hard to use. Maybe works like OP said around 50% of the time where it used to surely work 100% of the time... Angry Needs to be fixed!

Message 62 of 65 (599 Views)

Hero
@Revertica EA is looking for saves on this issue. Could you please send yours

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 65 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just created a a thread this not releasing one already existed so then deleted mine and now posting here.

I can truly confirm the Get To Know no longer reveals traits because I just tested mine without mods and on a new save, it doesn't matter who I talk too, an Elder, Adult, Teen, everytime you ask Get to know it appears to be working but after the interaction, you get no corner message, you then find out after hooving over them or viewing Sim Profile who find you have learnt nothing new.  

Just to add Ask About Career still works but Get To Know does not. 

Message 64 of 65 (562 Views)

Hero

Getting to know someone can be challenging, especially for people like me… an introvert, even more so when Getting to know someone who doesn’t reveal their traits. No worries, we have made a fix so that your Sims are not in that awkward position any longer.ah

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 65 (2,961 Views)