Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Get To Know does not reveal traits

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Grim's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue up Get To Know with another Friendly interaction following it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Get To Know interaction does not reveal a trait.
What do you expect to see? I expect Get To Know to reveal a trait unless I already know all of the other Sim's traits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update of Nov 10, 2020. ( 1.68.154.1020)

In the past, I have frequently used routines such as Get To Know, Ask About Career, Get To Know, Ask If Single, Get To Know, Compliment Outfit to learn as much as I could about another Sim in one conversation. Since the update, that's not working. I usually only learn one trait and sometimes no traits at all. After doing some testing, it appears that Get To Know is no longer providing information if there's another Friendly interaction following it. I haven't tested whether other types of interactions (Funny, Romantic, Mischief, Mean) have the same effect but they probably do. This is happening in both single conversations and group conversations, and even when I only use Get To Know once.

Queuing conversation actions is a normal part of my gameplay and this makes Get To Know pretty much useless to me. For now, I'll probably look for other methods of learning traits, such as the Observant reward and the Detect Personality vampire power.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 65 (7,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Get To Know does not reveal traits

Hero

Getting to know someone can be challenging, especially for people like me… an introvert, even more so when Getting to know someone who doesn’t reveal their traits. No worries, we have made a fix so that your Sims are not in that awkward position any longer.ah

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 65 (2,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: Get To Know does not reveal traits when used in a queue

★ Guide
@Sketch793 , for me Get to Know always revealed random number of traits instead of all three (if any) o_o I thought it was a feature, to make dedicated reward perk and relevant supernatural sims' powers viable.
Message 2 of 65 (7,893 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 I did some testing (short) and on the first try, I paused the game, then queued all the interactions. Felt like the first get to know just dropped from queue and then the second didn't work as it was no longer an option.

Tried without pausing by just queuing so by the time I was ready to do the second get to know, it wasn't available anymore as the first had worked fine and then the cooldown kicked in.

Do you usually pause to queue or do it as you go along ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 65 (7,888 Views)

"Get To Know" Friendly Interaction Not Working

★★★ Novice

Ever since the November 10th patch, my sims game has been a bit buggy. When I introduce my sim to another one and use the "Get To Know" button in Friendly, it doesn't reveal a trait about the other sim anymore. I have played my game without mods and cc and no matter what it doesn't let me discover traits about another sim anymore. Is this a new feature or a glitch.

Message 4 of 65 (7,854 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Get to Know always seems to disappear when I have it in a queue rather than if I use it before any other action. I always pause to queue up socials.
Message 5 of 65 (7,877 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 Did you notice any new behavior with it vs. how it worked before for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 65 (7,875 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too with the new patch plus snowy escape.  Cleared my cache, started a fresh save.  Normally for me get to know always revealed one trait then went on a cooldown.  Currently my sim will q up the interaction and perform it successfully even giving a plus relationship, but no notification of a trait being learned and nothing in the relationships panel/profile.  My sim also happens to be alien and her analyze personality works correctly.  

Message 7 of 65 (7,863 Views)

Hero
@WhantSomeEggs Does it happen only when you queue stuff or also if you don't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (7,858 Views)

Re: "Get To Know" Friendly Interaction Not Working

Hero
@bunnies270 Are you queuing interactions to get to know or just get to know on it's own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 65 (7,853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I q'd no other interactions, it was only the Get to know.  The first time it happened I think there were autonomous interactions that popped up behind it.  I tested it again as a single interaction with same result.  

Message 10 of 65 (7,858 Views)