[FIXED] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

by ConsoleCake

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

★★★★ Apprentice

You know, I never really paid attention before, but this happens in my game too.  I just guess I thought my Sim was hot stuff -- and she gets flirty A LOT.  But she's also a vampire, and when she uses "alluring visage" it doesn't matter what flirts with her... she'd probably flirt back with the talking john.  Of course, the unplayable Sim is always the one to make the first move... she just reciprocates regardless of relationship status, or gender of the Sim making the overture.

If this is not the same thing, I apologize.

Message 31 of 39 (3,636 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

★ Guide

A similar issue is that sims are getting whims to flirt with sims of the same sex that they're not attracted to. Few of my sims I don't mind if they get whims to do so. But, I find it odd that your straight male/female sim gets a whim to flirt with another sim of the same sex if they never been romantically involved with a sim of the same sex.

Message 32 of 39 (3,563 Views)

★ Guide

I started a thread about this a few months ago on the general board, but I thought it was fixed by now. It was not. Jade Rosa rolled a want to flirt with Eva about two days after Eve and Paolo woohooed in the closet during a party. There was absolutely no reason for her to roll this want. She is not particularly close to Eva and I never had her flirt with anyone before because she is so career-focused.

This is extremely annoying and I find myself in agreement with some of the others in this thread. I turned off autonomy for unplayed sims precisely to prevent situations like this. It has happened at weddings (legacy founder flirted with female bartender at her daughter's wedding) and other very inappropriate situations. If I want my Sim to be gay or bisexual, I will make them that way. I don't want my sims autonomously coming out when they're in the middle of a legacy or some other long-term scenario. When will this be fixed?

Props for fixing Summer Holiday, though. She is annoying and clingy enough without autonomously hitting on every female who is likely to reject her in the game (leading to bad moodlets).

Message 33 of 39 (3,469 Views)

★ Pro

My female sim who has a male partner, just rolled a wish to flirt with Bella Goth after she walked by the house.

They are not romantic interests and have only met once at the gym.

Message 34 of 39 (3,449 Views)

★★ Expert

yes, they still roll wishes to flirt with friends/nearby/random Sims, even without being romantic interests... and sometimes not even friends!

Message 35 of 39 (3,442 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

★★ Apprentice

I have done my own research on this since noticing strange relationships starting in my game. I basically ran the game with a save with no mods other than MCCC to make it easier to perform troubleshooting and to also keep track of my sims gender preferences. I've definitely noticed alot of swinging of gender preferences, closer to neutral percentages, than their was in the past. I believe this is a combination of a few game changes that may not be WAI. 

It seems that the whims that sims get, especially on NPC's, are alot more friendly/romantic social than in the past, and it also seems that these interactions are either repeating so frequently, or they have such a strong influence, that they are shifting otherwise completely straight or completely gay sims over twords the other side, especially if they have alot of friends of both sexes. 

Also I believe some of the traits having to do with friendly and romantic interactions are stronger now, making it even more likely any one sim with these will become more of a gregarious romantic than what might have been otherwise intended. 

One of the things I tried for example was to remove any traits from some sims that appear to affect friendliness or romantic feelings, then run some testing again. It definitely appeared to reduce the instance of sims who were mostly one gender preference from becoming unbalanced away from the way they currently feel. 

Obviously when it comes to relationships and gender preference in the game it is a very fluid system, allowing for sims to be played first one way, then the other without having to start a new sim. But it seems like the random influence on sims, especially NPC sims, has become a bit too excessive. 

Anyway FWIW, YMMV :D 

Message 36 of 39 (3,396 Views)

RE: [OPEN] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The last update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing In the social life and places.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lovers, man with woman at the public table are flirting with other sims there. In the career police at the place of investigation sim-man police flirting with witness sim-man, even if he has a fiancée-woman etc... In every social place there sims flirt among all regardless of gender or lovers relationship!!
What do you expect to see? Clear determination of gender attractiveness!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All the Sims are homosexuals and bi! Flirting with each other, their gender attractiveness does not matter. They flirt even if they do not have a trait for it like is romantic or is in the fiancée relationship.
Plese fix it or make in the sim setting to choose sexual orientation!

Message 37 of 39 (3,259 Views)

Re: RE: [OPEN] Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @JSpaxcz 

I merged your post with existing thread.

There's also this thread that's similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-flirt-with-everything-autonomous/m-p/7182105#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 39 (3,237 Views)

Re: Gender Preference/Attraction Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Gender Preference now affects flirt options.

Fixed in 1.52.100

As this thread had a few instances posted, please create a new thread if something still doesn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (16,522 Views)