Re: Gardening Bug on The Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 37 (3,619 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Thank you so much for this recommendation. I found the problem. For anyone else having the same problem, the culprit in my game was a mod called "FridgeStoresAllHarvests" from Mod the Sims. When I checked, that mod was indeed updated for Outdoor Retreat. Thanks!

Message 22 of 37 (3,619 Views)

Hero

@chillhunnybunny Did you ever figure this out ? Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 37 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, @crinrict it's no longer an issue because I had to reinstall from scratch because of a problem with my laptop. With the new install I don't have the bug :D

Message 24 of 37 (24,330 Views)

Hero

Cautiously marking this as solved then.

Feel free to come back should you get it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 37 (3,584 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue but so far only with Spinach? I can't plant the spinach the only option it's giving me is to eat it once it's on the ground. I have I think 20 plants. Maybe I have too many? I've tried placing the spinach everywhere but the only option I am getting is to eat it when it's on the ground on my lot. I have other plants growing fine right around it so I'm not sure why my only option is to eat it. Also my Sim is weeding empty planters at the Science Lab (Get To Work). She not only tends plants there but lol also the empty planters! O_O!!

Message 26 of 37 (3,533 Views)

★ Guide

I have no mods or any CC content in my game. So far planting spinach has been my only planting issue *Knocks On Wood*!!

Message 27 of 37 (3,534 Views)

Hero

Does it work with other plants ? Then you don't have too many. Do you have just one spinach or did you try multiple ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 37 (3,535 Views)

Re: Gardening Bug on The Sims 4 *RESOLVED*

★★ Novice

I had the same issue as the OP.  I was trying to plant next to my house. That was the problem. When I moved the seed away from the house I was able to plant it!

Message 29 of 37 (3,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You need dirt! I figured it out for myself when I was having the same problem you were. Place the plant/fruit over a dirt covered ground and then the plant option should pop up
Message 30 of 37 (3,320 Views)