by Dandebalou

Original Post

Re: Gardening Bug on The Sims 4

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (2,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Well, you could try using 'save as' in the broken game and then going to the main menu. From there, click the disc icon on the top left (and not the massive green play button) and choose the game you just saved (not the auto save one). That's sort of what solved it for me.
Otherwise, buy one planter, plant in it and use build mode to drag it to the ground? :D
Message 12 of 37 (2,163 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think it's also important to note that you need plenty of room around the item in question.  For example I have a house with a bay window.  It won't allow me to plant anything underneath the bay window.  Same house has a planter box and same thing, can't plant under it.  Also you cannot plant too close to walls or other objects and the outer-most squares on a lot also won't work.  Keep that in mind.  You can however plant things further out from the house and then move them closer with build/buy mode.

Message 13 of 37 (2,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

What level is your gardening skill? I could not plant on ground until I had gained some levels. I think around level 2, 3, or 4 (can't recall exactly) the option to plant on ground showed up. Seems like it should let you from the start though. Not sure if this is your issue or not but it is what I observed with my own sims.

Message 14 of 37 (2,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I'm having the same issue as well. Did you end up resolving it? 

Message 15 of 37 (2,065 Views)

Hero

Is this a new issue for you or did you not try before ? Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 37 (2,061 Views)

★ Novice

I am kind of having this problem too, 

I am having a problem growing just flowers in the game, I can place fruit, veg and herbs with the option to plant and grow them all with no problem but when I try to plant a flower there is never the option. I can only clck to drag and replace, there is no other option or pie menu.

I have max gardening level.

Would greatly appreciate any help with this problem as I cannot plant a lily or a snapdragon to grow a death flower

Message 17 of 37 (1,990 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 37 (1,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I came here because I was having the same problem, but I found Tamrynn's solution worked for me. I was trying to plant up by the house, so I just moved the plant further away from the wall and I was able to get the "Plant" interaction on the plant on the ground.

Message 19 of 37 (1,970 Views)

★★ Novice

>>> I am having a problem growing just flowers in the game, I can place fruit, veg and herbs with the option to plant and grow them all with no problem but when I try to plant a flower there is never the option. I can only clck to drag and replace, there is no other option or pie menu.

I have max gardening level.

Would greatly appreciate any help with this problem as I cannot plant a lily or a snapdragon to grow a death flower<<<

I'm having exactly the same problem. It is only flowers that can't be panted. When I click on them, no choices pop up at all regardless of whether they are in the inventory, a planter, on the ground or near or far away from anything else. I didn't have the problem until I installe Outdoor Retreat and am wondering if it has something to do with the addition of the option to eat harvestables. Maybe if flowers were not intended to be eated something in the coding is preventing the options menu from popping up at all. I don't know. I was hoping the Feb 3 update would fix it but it ididn't. I do use mods but I removed them all, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still couldn't plant flowers. It's bugging me, too, because it doesn't just make growing a death flower impossible, it's impossible to complete the plants collection.

Message 20 of 37 (1,909 Views)