Re: Gardening Bug on The Sims 4

by miriamw3st

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Gardening Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi. I really hope someone can help me with this. I've tried planting fruits, flowers, etc, on the lawn of my sim's garden for a bunch of times and it just doesn't give me the option. So far, I've only been able to plant when I do it directly in a pot. I think it must be a bug. I've read in forums and nothing of that sort comes up, but I've also watched videos of people planting stuff directly on the ground on the sims 4 and they're able to do it just fine, and for some reason I can't, the game won't give me that option. Confusedmileysad:

I appreciate if anyone can comment if they have come across this or if they know how this can be fixed.

Message 1 of 37 (29,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Well, @crinrict it's no longer an issue because I had to reinstall from scratch because of a problem with my laptop. With the new install I don't have the bug :D

View in thread

Message 24 of 37 (24,528 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Have you placed the fruit/flower/veggie on to the ground first and then selected plant? 

Can you describe how you are going about trying to plant on the ground? Standard smile

(All my plants are in planters because I thought you had to use them... so walk me through what you are doing and maybe I can help you identify if you found a bug or are just stuck with it being non-intuitive/different from sims3).

Message 2 of 37 (29,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, Khynnea. Yes, from the inventory I've placed the plant (fruit, veggie, flower or herb) onto the ground and it doesn't give me the option to plant, it just gives me the option to move it to another place on the lot or back into the inventory.

At first I thought I had to use planters too, I figured it was different from what we were used to on sims 3, but then I saw a tutorial with pictures and a youtube video where they placed the plants onto the ground and then selected the option plant right there, without using planters. Plus I talked to a friend who's also playing the game and she told me she had no problem planting them on the ground, that she wasn't using any planters.

Right now, to be able to have the plants out of the house, directly on the ground, I have to place it first on the planter and after that go to build mode, select the plant and place it on the ground. 

(Sorry for saying "planters" so much! Hahaha!)

:cathappy:

Message 3 of 37 (29,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Definitely a bug then. Can you give the details asked for in the first post (OS, how you got the game, whether you have mods or cc etc) so that the bug can get noted properly?

When I place items (plantables) on the ground I do get the 'plant' option, and even when clicking on them in inventory it will come up. 

At least you can currently move them out of the planter and on to the ground. 

Message 4 of 37 (29,544 Views)

Hero

Did you try hitting the ESC key after putting it down to release it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (29,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, yes I'll give you the details. Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), I got the game on origin, the Standard Edition and downloaded it from there. I don't use mods or custom content. I've downloaded a couple of houses and sims that other players share on the gallery, but I'm not using any of those at the moment (I don't know if that's relevant, hehe).

Message 6 of 37 (29,529 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

https://imageshack.com/i/knn108Doj

Message 7 of 37 (29,527 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm experiencing this as well. My os is windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, I have the sims 4 limited edition which I downloaded from origin. I don't use mods or cc. It worked on the lot 'streamlet single' in willow creek, but in a different save on the lot 'potters splay' it does not. The one where it doesn't, the house is downloaded from the exchange via origin.
Message 8 of 37 (29,517 Views)

★★★ Novice
Btw, when the bug occurred I was in an 'autosave' file which later crashed and became corrupted. After loading a file that had been saved with 'save as' a few sim days prior(a roll-back I was trying to avoid) it works again. No clue if related.
Message 9 of 37 (29,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, miriamw3st 

I read your comment and went on to try to plant on the ground in another lot, so I started playing with the Goth Family and I wasn''t able to select the option plant from the inventory, but when I placed the fruit on the ground it gave the option to plant. That was on the Goth family lot, so that must mean the bug is in the lot where the family I created is currently at.

I can't remember the name and I changed it when I moved my family in, but I can tell you it's the lot in front of "Crick Cabana".

This can't be solution, changing my family from that lot. Confusedmileysad: I hope there's something else we can do.

Confusedmileysurprised:

Message 10 of 37 (29,509 Views)