Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Gardener Either Does Not Complete Their Job Or Show Up All Days

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content thru Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a garden and use the phone to hire a service. Choose "Scheduled Gardening Service". Keep the camera on the lot to watch for the gardener. The Sim living on the lot can leave for rabbithole jobs, school etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? The gardener does not show up for all scheduled days.
What do you expect to see? The gardener to show up at 9am and perform all expected duties.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Investigating report of gardeners either not completing the expected work or not showing up at all.
Expected:

"As of Patch 30, gardeners can be hired to tend a Sim's garden on their residential lot. They will plant seeds, water, weed, and spray for bugs. They will not, however, evolve or harvest your plants."

Testing was done done in Oasis Springs. My Sim planted a few basic plants outdoors. Some were sheltered with just a roof with the transparent texture.

The rest were in the ground without shelter. Some seeds were left for the gardener to plant.

The gardener did not show up every day even though plants needed weeding or watering.

This was tested with my Sim either staying on the home lot or going to rabbithole job.
This was a small to modest size garden with over two dozen plants.
Gardener 4.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 8 (7,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Gardener Either Does Not Complete Their Job Or Show Up All Day

Champion (Retired)

Game Version 1.61.15.1020 Patch 04Feb20
This appears to be resolved as I am no longer seeing this in my game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (7,208 Views)

All Replies

Re: Service Gardener Either Does Not Complete Their Job Or Show Up All Days

Hero
@EuphorialQueen When he comes, does he everything he's supposed to do ? Bit unclear from your description compared to the title of your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (7,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrictSo far it 'seems' like they complete the work. Though I sometimes saw a couple plants (sheltered) that still needed watering. That was with a small (IMO) garden.
Not sure what would happen with a larger garden.

Edit to add picture of garden as a point of reference.

Garden

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 3 of 8 (7,532 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

sounds like another case of Sims dropping que

Message 4 of 8 (7,498 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (7,482 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@EuphorialQueen could you share your save file with me where you've had this issue? Our testers have had trouble reproducing. Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8 (7,447 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Gardener Either Does Not Complete Their Job Or Show Up All Day

★★★★★ Apprentice

My gardener does his work when he does show up, but there have been some issues with him actually showing up. Both a maid and a gardener are scheduled to come to my sim’s house. The maid shows up very consistently, but it seems to happen at least occasionally that the maid comes and the gardener does not, even when there is plenty of work to be done in the garden.

One time I did catch a missing repairman outside chatting with a random NPC, so that may be a possible answer if they’re being intercepted before reaching the house?

Message 7 of 8 (7,435 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Game Version 1.61.15.1020 Patch 04Feb20
This appears to be resolved as I am no longer seeing this in my game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 8 of 8 (7,209 Views)