[FIXED] Game randomly speeds up

by juliabam123

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue after selecting "Travel" from the phone. The screen greys out and spins while the time passes at 3x speed until the map loads (which has taken over a minute as of recently). After my sim travels to the location it is hours later.

Message 71 of 338 (1,238 Views)

Re: Showers not working, Fast forward

★★★★ Novice

My game also keeps going into ultra speed without me doing anything. Please make it stop! 

Message 72 of 338 (1,018 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★★ Novice
@lallyinthesky I am on a PC but having the same issue. Goes to ultra speed as soon as I loaded a save after the most recent update.
Message 73 of 338 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ShinyaVampire Same issue here w/ both the random 3x speeds and with the hygiene issue. Able to get my Sims clean w/ a bath, but if they shower they never get clean & just stay in the shower forever.
Message 74 of 338 (1,171 Views)

★ Guide

Tried quarantining the Simulation Lag Fix mod first per an earlier post. No dice. As soon as 10am sims time rolled around, the maid spawned, and the game kept going into 3x mode. Did not stay at 1x until after the maid left the lot and DESPAWNED. This is key. Just leaving the lot isn't enough. They have to completely despawn to allow full control to return.

Same session. Next sim day. I have canceled maid service. Parents are both at work, kids at school, leaving just the toddlers with two nannies and the butler. 10am sim time comes and... all is well. Normal speed all the way through.

Conclusion: it's the maid, and mods are irrelevant. I didn't move any mods or CC except the one noted above, and it had no effect on this bug appearing or not appearing.

Message 75 of 338 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem, 3X game speed randomly kicks in, started after the latest update.

Message 76 of 338 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictjuliabam123 I am having this problem too. This patch has been really buggy. Speeding up on its own. I can’t age up my toddler by blowing out candles.
Message 77 of 338 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Erthangel76m Also seems to have issues with game play. I give sims tasks and they don’t do them. The tub/shower combo won’t clean them, they actually get dirtier. This has completely ruined the game right now. I can’t even play it.
Message 78 of 338 (1,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The maid is definitely the trigger. But it seems you have to fire her by clicking on the sim. It might not be enough to just cancel the maid service.

Message 79 of 338 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Erthangel76m You can give them baths, for now. That part still works, at least. Or use regular showers until it gets fixed.
Message 80 of 338 (1,105 Views)