[FIXED] Game randomly speeds up

by juliabam123

Original Post

Super Ultra Fast starting by itself.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, go to work, Get Famous, Restaurant, cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During play, the super ultra fast button will react on its own and go super fast. I have to click "play" a few times before it actually stops and returns to regular play. Randomly happens, more frequent, than not, but yet annoying. Experiencing a few other similar bugs in bug list as well. Issues came after December 12 update.
What happens when the bug occurs? During game play
What do you expect to see? The Super Ultra fast button starts itself. I have to hit the "play" button a few times before it goes back to regular play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

During play, the super ultra fast button will react on its own and go super fast. I have to click "play" a few times before it actually stops and returns to regular play. Randomly happens, more frequent, than not, but yet annoying. Experiencing a few other similar bugs in bug list as well. Issues came after December 12 update. Please advise. 

Message 231 of 338 (1,197 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

★★★ Newbie

I been having this exact issue since the11/25 update, even tried deleting the saved family files I have to create a brand new one and I found out it was a waste of time cause the issue still exists. I tried to repair all expansion packs I own (all) and still have the same issue. I would like this fixed and its not just on 1 PC I own multiple and I have this issues on all of them.

Message 232 of 338 (1,189 Views)

Just had it happen to me unexpectedly...and of course, the game wouldn't stay paused long enough for me to figure out what on earth was going on! After some creative button-mashing, I finally looked around. I had just hired all three services. The gardener is gone, and it's still doing it, so probably not that one. That leaves the butler and the maid. Considering other comments in this thread, I'm guessing it's going to be the maid. Guess who's services are getting canceled? lol I had no issues up until this point...just not sure who arrived first, since I was focused on something else at the time.

Message 233 of 338 (1,173 Views)

★ Guide
@wildirishbanshee I just had this happen too just now and I hired Gardener, maid, and nanny. Got rid of maid by firing her and fixed.
Message 234 of 338 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, I've been having the same issue - I assumed it was because I was using a large amount of cc and mods alongside eachother. However, after seeing advice about the maid, I dismissed then fired her and saw that the issue had sorted itself out, therefore my advice to anyone else having this issue is to fire the maid and the issue will be solved when she leaves.

Message 235 of 338 (1,125 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

★ Guide

have the same problem here, when will it be fixed?

Message 236 of 338 (1,090 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This happened to me today and scared the tinkle out of me. >.< lol Will follow SimGuru Nick's advice until this is fixed (thank goodness it was just a one-time maid for this household, so it's an "easy fix"). 

Message 237 of 338 (1,086 Views)

Sims 4 - pause and play buttons not working correctly

★★ Novice

I am playing Sims 4 and my play buttons will got to triple speed and when I click on the single play button it goes back to triple speed. I will put it on pause and it will automatically go to the triple speed again. This seems to have happened since I have done the update. 

I spoke to a member of the ea team and they told me to reset Nd back up game - which I did and it did not resolve this. They also told me to repair game  I did this and I thought it had worked but after playing the game for about 30 mins the triple speed came back

Message 238 of 338 (1,050 Views)

@LouLouBum1990  I've merged your post with the master bug thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other relevant information.  It looks like firing the maid is the best workaround right now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 239 of 338 (1,035 Views)

Game Speed Glitch at Class Time - Discover University

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently released expansions and game packs are installed. Issue is with Discover University Expansion feature.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll a Sim in college courses, have them live at home, and wait for the time to come for them to attend class. I have two Sims in the same household enrolled at the two different Universities, and it seems to only occur with the Sim who is enrolled at Foxbury Institute. Occurs for every class for that Sim (he is now in his fifth term), but not for the other Sim. I'm not sure if the University enrolled at has to do with it or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the notice that class begins in 1 hour, the game speed will jump to Ultra speed. When I return it to Normal speed, it jumps to Ultra again. I have to hover over the game speed and keep clicking every time it jumps to keep the game at normal speed usually until the class is about halfway over. After I return it to Normal Speed it will jump to Ultra again usually after a second or two.
What do you expect to see? Either game speed remaining under manual control or only jumping to ultra speed if all controllable sims are off the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No additional Information to provide.

Message 240 of 338 (1,011 Views)