Re: Gameplay Bug with Speed Setting

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I have tried the suggested solution but it is still happening. I have removed my mods and tested it but it is still happening. Any suggestions?

Message 271 of 338 (933 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Timescale issues

★ Novice

Hey I got my game working again. Thanks for the info everyone. All I did was fire the maid and the game went back to normal. I hope EA gets that fixed ASAP.

Message 272 of 338 (899 Views)

Re: Speed Change whithout Comand

Hero
@Hexe-chan Merged your post with existing thread. Please see solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 273 of 338 (867 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey folks! 

So I updated my game the other day and began having the same issue. I play a multi generational game, so I even switched households, restarted game and searched for repairs, but had no luck. 

I noticed however it seemed any time my kiddos went to school in each household it triggered the time to speed up, regardless of me hitting pause etc. 

Today I tried the above tips of firing the maid and it seems to have worked. All kids are at school and all adults are at work but one and it hasn’t sped up. 

It should be noted though that I have every expansion/stuff pack and do not play with mods. 

Message 274 of 338 (826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ahhhh that makes sense. This only started happening after I hired a daily maid. 

I do play with mods and I have the following packs:

Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Vampires, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff

Message 275 of 338 (757 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I think you're correct. This only started after I hired a maid. The family just started earning enough money to hire help. After the new maid started cleaning, the speed thing happened.
Message 276 of 338 (737 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★ Novice

I had the same issue when my family moved into a serviced apartment.  I removed mods, reloaded game several times and also re-applied mods.

On my 4th restart, I went into Build/Buy mode and back to play mode and it seems to have resolved it.  Well it did for the remainder of that day (Saturday in game play).  

I haven't played since, but will update once I get to game play Monday, and the maid returns.

**Crosses Fingers!!**

Message 277 of 338 (679 Views)

Gameplay Bug with Speed Setting

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? unsure but only bought game and downloaded a week ago.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - seasons / cats and dogs / city living / get famous / get to work - dine out / parenthood / realm of magic - perfect patio stuff / fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During any gameplay not in build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing on any lot with any sim the game will keep speeding up to the fastest setting without me pressing any buttons. You can easily go back to normal speed but it will keep changing to the fastest over and over again. There is usually about a 15-30 second break before it will switch back to fast mode and it will never switch to any other speed setting on it's own, only the fastest.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to stay on the speed setting I have selected and only change when I change it rather than on it's own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Nothing to share. 

Message 278 of 338 (657 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gameplay Bug with Speed Setting

Hero
@JassyBoo2000 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

If you have a maid, try firing her/him

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 279 of 338 (647 Views)

Sims 4 Speed play will not deactivate

★★ Novice

Speed play keeps activating when one or more of my sims is sleeping and or away and others are still awake or at home. Cannot pause for long or at all, and when trying to slow to normal play it will not, or only for a few seconds or speeds back up. Game is unplayable. 

Message 280 of 338 (632 Views)