Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Am having a speed glitch in the sim 4. I think its a bug.

★★ Apprentice

Thank you. Happy Holidays ! :-)

Message 261 of 338 (1,660 Views)

Sims 4 Timescale issues

★ Novice

What's going on is I go into a game and when I unpause the time, it jumps all the way to 3x speed. I don't hit the button or anything. It does it by itself. I thought it was my mods, so I started to delete certain ones thinking maybe it was a mod conflict. Still did it. Okay, so I thought maybe if I disable all of the mods and scripts that would help. It did not. Even with my mods disabled the game still goes from 1x speed  to 3x speed on it's own. It seems to have started doing it after the last game update. I don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Message 262 of 338 (1,644 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

@DefenderX12  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  For now, you can fire the maid; hopefully there will be a proper fix soon enough.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 263 of 338 (1,632 Views)

★ Novice

Deleting the maid service didn't work. When is there going to be an update with the game that corrects this issue? It is irritating spending my money on a game that doesn't work properly because of a coding bug.

Message 264 of 338 (1,587 Views)

★ Guide

Is it only the maid or do I have to fire the nanny too? Its really annoying when this bug happens. 

Message 265 of 338 (1,568 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Fired the maid and still getting the speed glitch. This is incredibly frustrating and totally ruins the gameplay.

Message 266 of 338 (1,563 Views)

Hero
@hippoo Did the maid leave yet ? Try travelling to another lot and come back. If you still have issues, please share your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 267 of 338 (1,534 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ultra speed (fast forward) stuck

★★★ Novice

The same for me.. always between 10a-3p and some times a little after my kids come home from school. I have no mods or CC. Every expansion except Moschino Stuff pack. This started after doing the last game update on 12/12 when the following was addressed in the update notes:

• Super Speed 3 should now work when Sims sleep in their Sleeping Pods and have a pet.

Likely the source of the bug... would be nice if it was fixed
Message 268 of 338 (1,503 Views)

Speed Change whithout Comand

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All avalibale on origin
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a household with 4 persons: 1 male young adult, 2 female young adult, 1 small child, 1 cat. send male to work while all other remain at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? if you controle the male while he´s going to work, the game switches to game speed 3 - now go to one of the other sims and switch back to speed 1 the game switches back to speed 3 after aprox. 3 sec. switch back to 1 - 3sec later youre back at speed 3. happens a few times in a row. it never occured while sending the female sims to work. It started after the last patch.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to sty in speed 1 when I say it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

don´t know how to aply a video whre you can see that it´s not me changing the speed back to speed 3...

Message 269 of 338 (1,338 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

★★ Guide

Same problem here, only from 9am until 3pm on any sim day. Cache cleared, repaired game, no mods. I thought one of my keys had stuck, so I cleaned my keys on my keyboard.  Nope. Came here to find a post on it. 

Message 270 of 338 (1,394 Views)