Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

by Kath_KSA_1990

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

Hero
@aidalova Please test without cc/mods installed and if it's still happening, could you share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 251 of 338 (831 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ultra speed (fast forward) stuck

★★ Guide
@ekrahn It was between 10 am and 3 pm for my game!
Message 252 of 338 (798 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@juliabam123 I had random speed up Basketball started since I repaired the game in the last few days
Message 253 of 338 (755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I am still having this issue, I cannot play. 

Message 254 of 338 (730 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

★★ Novice

I had this same issue, and I ended up evicting the family that hired the maid, I moved them into a different home, and then moved them back into their original home. So far, the time has worked normally (knock on wood)! I hope this helps.

Message 255 of 338 (683 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cecilyd  I dismissed the maid and hired a new one, but the game speeded up again, so it didn't help at all for me. I have tried so many ways to solve this, for example I also tried to delete the maid but it didn't help either. New maids make the game act the same way. I have of course also repaired the game and don't use any mods. Currently I have two choices, either not play the game at all or to play without hiring any maids, which I do and the sims have to do all the housework themselves.

Message 256 of 338 (647 Views)

★ Apprentice

It stops speeding up if you travel somewhere with your sim. Annoying, but still a workaround that fixes it temporarily.

Message 257 of 338 (610 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue too! It’s so frustrating!

Message 258 of 338 (606 Views)

Am having a speed glitch in the sim 4. I think its a bug.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? unsure what this means?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university Cats and Dog Seasons Get to Work Get together City living Outdoor Retreat Kids stuff pack Parenthood Dine out Laundry Day Spa Day Bowling stuff pack Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into game play
What happens when the bug occurs? I go into game play and the game keeps randomly going into triple speed. I know this is normal to happen when all my sims are asleep or at work. Put this keeps happening often. Like I will just be normally playing with my sims household and the tipple speed will happen. I try to press speed one or pause but it will go back to tipple speed. This happens every time I play. I have tried to repair my game threw origin but this has not solved the problem. I noticed this issue stared happening when I last updated my sims 4. Am pretty sure this is a bug. Please can you help. Thank you
What do you expect to see? For game play to not randomly go into tipple speed. Unless my sims are all asleep or at work for example and for me to be able to pause my game or press speed one without it automatically going back to tipple speed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this bug stared happening after the newest update.

The Issue I am having happens in game play. Please help. Thank you! :-)

Message 259 of 338 (595 Views)

Re: Am having a speed glitch in the sim 4. I think its a bug.

Hero
@staceysimsgirl Merged your post with existing thread on this.

See solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 260 of 338 (585 Views)