Re: [WORKAROUND] Game randomly speeds up

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem without any kids/teens going to school or any maids arriving. In fact, it happens during intimacy which is hiliarious but also a problem.

Message 221 of 338 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have no mods or custom content and never had but I still get this glitch since last game update so mods/custom content can't be the cause of the problem. I haven't been able to play the game since the last update. I trust that you work on this issue as fast as you can because I guess there must be many who are missing the game play a lot now.

Message 222 of 338 (873 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Rather by coincidence, I've found that the game doesn't speed up when the maid arrives if all household members are at home at the time. So it definitely seems to be something that causes the game to think everyone's gone if just one sim is at work/school, but for whatever reason is triggered by the maid.

Message 223 of 338 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@juliabam123Firing the maid by phone after they left worked right away for me

Message 224 of 338 (780 Views)

★★★ Novice

To me it seems to be the university update where you have uncontrolled roommates. the game selects one household member and when they leave it acts as if no one else is there. i have 2 games that it does this.

Message 225 of 338 (758 Views)

★ Novice

There is no work around for me. It happens only in my mainly played save file, and it happens perpetually in it. I have everything except for Discover University, nothing I do fixes it. It started happening after the 12/12 patch and it won't stop. This is really discouraging because it's rendered this file unplayable for 10 days.  EA fix this *.

Message 226 of 338 (713 Views)

Hero
@k3ntauri So you have it without any maid ? Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 227 of 338 (711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same! This started happening soon as I open my game it speeds up despite my sims being at home and not asleep! Ugh... I was so frustrated. I'll attempt firing the maid for a temporary solution as was mentioned. Hopefully it works! 

Message 228 of 338 (670 Views)

Sims 4: Time Speed Glitch (Need Help!)

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone!

I could use some help right now. I am not sure what is going on with my Sims 4 game. Probably a glitch and could use some help on how to resolve it. I am experiencing a time speed glitch where the time will speed from speed 1 to speed 3. I would slow the speed down back to speed 1 but it constantly changing the speed to become faster. It is becoming annoying and hindering me from playing the game. What can I do?

Message 229 of 338 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Sim Guru Nick,

I am also experiencing a speed time glitch. I would slow the speed down back to speed 1x but soon after goes right back to 3x speed. It is becoming annoying and hindering me from playing the game. I haven't had issues before until I downloaded the 12/12/2019 patch yesterday. The issue primarily occurs when one of three of my family members are asleep, one family member is off lot at work, and the maid visits the home. I hope this information helps and gets resolved. Thank you!

Message 230 of 338 (645 Views)