Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

by NennaRC

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem. So so annoying!! It even unpauses my game!Teeth bared

Message 141 of 338 (671 Views)

★ Novice

This is also happening to me and is making the game absolutely unplayable. It started happening immediately after the most recent update.

Message 142 of 338 (669 Views)

Time Speed Glitch?

★ Novice

Hey, since the update on 12/12/19 (MAC: 1.59.73.1220), I've had this obnoxious glitch with time speeds. Every time I try to use a speed lower than ultra, it almost immediately jumps back to ultra. This happens whether I use my keyboard to change it or if I click on it. I haven't had any problems with my keyboard otherwise and checked to make sure the 3 key wasn't sticky, so it seems to be an in game glitch. Has anyone else had this problem? It's not even that serious of a glitch but it's been driving me crazy! 

Message 143 of 338 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happening here, too. Cannot play the game at all. A quick look on twitter confirms it’s pretty widespread and is happening with or without mods, and with no real specific triggers. Hopefully they’ll put out a hot fix because with the holidays coming people will be playing a lot more and can’t 

Message 144 of 338 (619 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

★★ Novice

Hey Lanna are we cousins I’m jasmine dismuke 

Message 145 of 338 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happening in my game since last night. I had to end my game because I couldn't control what was happening. Don't know if my maid was there but the butler was. But I can say it was triggered as soon as my Sim's kids went to school.

Message 146 of 338 (587 Views)

★ Guide

Please, if you can't fix this fast, at least make a new update that lets us reverse from the previous update which brought this issue, so we can play the game, if possible.

Message 147 of 338 (578 Views)

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? As soon as I start playing
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except for Discover University, all game packs, and all stuff pack except for Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens as soon I start playing
What happens when the bug occurs? My game only runs on 3x speed and will revert back to 3x speed if I try to pause or play at normal speed
What do you expect to see? Being able to pause my game, or let it run at a normal speed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, it happened after I updated on 12/15/2019, installed Vintage Glamour Stuff and got a maid.
Please describe the patch or change you made. UPDATE: 12/12/2019 - PC: 1.59.73.1020

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbilgs10uf99yz2/Slot_00000002.save?dl=0

Message 148 of 338 (576 Views)

Re: Time Speed Glitch?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@WizardJenkins I don't know if it's the same issue, but the same thing happens to me, but it only occurs when the maid comes over. There was a bug before that was fixed in this last patch, that ultra speed wouldn't work when the maids came over.

Since the 'fix' I have an issue similar to what you're describing. As soon as the maid arrives, ultra speed turns on on its own, and even when i go down to regular speed, ultra keeps coming on on its own until after the maid leaves.
Message 149 of 338 (495 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game, but only when the maid comes over. While the maid is there the games goes ultra speed on its own, and I can't stop it. Once the maid leaves, I'm able to stop the ultra speed. 

Message 150 of 338 (538 Views)