Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

by WeeGingerFaerie

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem since the update. Everything was fine until then. Now my game will jump to 3x speed on it's own every few seconds.Seems to especially happen to me if there's a calendar event notification that has popped up. I have mod content disabled and it's still happening.

Message 91 of 338 (887 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem. Also appears tô bem triggered by the maid. The game is unplayable

Message 92 of 338 (880 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same bug. I read that maybe trying to temporarily remove saves would help. So I moved my saves to another folder on desktop. Saved my game as: new save december. And moved it also. Started new game, saved and moved back my saves. The December save was gone! Only an older save from hours ago was there....

Message 93 of 338 (868 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same bug. 

tform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (100& since 12/12/19)
What is your current game version number? How do I find this? I have all packs, all updated. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using time clock
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim family began jumping to 3x speed randomly during the day. If I pause it to normal it will run that way for a few moments, and then speed up again, making the game unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? MCCommand Center only
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Incident happened after 12/12/19 patch

Message 94 of 338 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I fired maid game worked fine for hours, hired maid second she showed up it jumped to super speed, fired her and works fine again.

i have a fair amount of mods and loads of CC but it’s definitely maid triggering issue in my game.  Kids can go to school fine until I hire maid.

Message 95 of 338 (826 Views)

★ Apprentice

Putting a quick me too in. I have no mods and no cc. I do have a maid scheduled but it happens randomly and not just when the maid is there. Also noticed circle timer on activities (do homework, write a book are just examples) is not filling to green as time goes by...just thought I'd throw that in there too.

Message 96 of 338 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@epdaly11 : Concerning homework, at least: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Homework-timer-doesn-t-progress/td-p/8534207

Are you having those problems at university?
Message 97 of 338 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
  • 2 teens and 3 children were at school
  • 1 Adult and 2 toddlers were at home, toddlers were asleep
  • Adult had requested a one-time maid, scheduled to arrive at 10:05 am
  • Holiday notice for "Pride" coming up tomorrow
  • Maid was on lot
  • Toddlers woke up hungry and I could not pause the game to drag some food out of the refrigerator for them, it kept going to 3x speed

At that point I saved the game and quit playing

Playing on PC (Windows), with Dec 12th patch applied

I have never used CC or Mods

Message 98 of 338 (792 Views)

★ Novice

This happens to me too when my teens go to school. I thought it was because of a mod or something but guess not. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Message 99 of 338 (790 Views)

Re: BUG SINCE UPDATE 12-12-2019

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem since the update.  It seems to happen when my child sims are at school.  The speed keeps going into super fast mode despite repeated attempts to slow or pause the game.  I can't control any sims during this time, all I can do is attempt to pause the game.  I play on Mac and do not have any custom content installed.  

Message 100 of 338 (715 Views)