Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game only runs in 3x speed

by WeeGingerFaerie

Original Post

Re: Game only runs in 3x speed

★★★★ Pro

Since I had seen here that this issue seems to be tied to maids for some people, I saved my game shortly before the maid was due to come. I have one sim who was working when the maid came, though she's a gardener and was working from home, no one was off the lot.  I can't say that I noticed the maid arriving, but when I got the message the maid was leaving everything went to speed 3 and I couldn’t adjust it, though I didn’t try very hard.

I exited without saving, went back in and dismissed the maid service before it came and I had no issues. I had recently got them a butler so there wasn’t much cleaning to do anyway, which may have been why I didn't notice anything until the pop up came that the maid was leaving which was soon after a maid usually arrives. 

Best regards

Jennifer

Message 81 of 338 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too...I noticed it in game a little then my maid and gardener quit it didn't do it a few sim days later i rehired the maid and gardener and now its stuck on 3x speed wont even pause. 

Message 82 of 338 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

This started happening to my game immediately after updating.

it was late so I just shut down and it worked ok when I started playing again until now when holiday notification popped up and it went to super speed again making it unplayable.

Going to start up again try cancelling the maid.

Message 83 of 338 (1,038 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game randomly speeds up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictjuliabam123 I just created another one, without realizing this one was here. It's the MAID! I fired her and it stopped; let a day go by and rehired her, and when she showed up on the loot, ZOOM!

Is EA going to fix this bug? I swear it got put into the game with their Origin updates, because it hasn't done this since I got the game. It's NOT us; it's the game. I'll bet everything I've paid for this thing (expansions, packs, etc) that this is the case.

Message 84 of 338 (1,012 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue and it did it before I hired a maid.  It only started with the recent update

Message 85 of 338 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@KingRayVeteran: There was a bugfix patch on December 12th, and while it fixed a lot of stuff, it also introduced this and the shower/tub bug. (The devs are aware of them both, though.)

Message 86 of 338 (992 Views)

★ Apprentice

Me too. Every time my children go to school it speeds up reqlly bad  If I press pause then it takes it off pause and same for play. It's unplayable after this update. Ea please sort this out. I cannot play in this mode!

Message 87 of 338 (990 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the exact same issue! Showers not working and whenever my kids go to school it gets stuck at 3x speed. Unplayable at the moment 😭

Message 88 of 338 (981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad I discovered this topic, I thought I was going crazy. So far it looks consistent with the common problems in this thread: the kids go to school, maid arrives, then the game decides no one's home and goes to super speed. Also, sims can't shower though they can get clean by taking baths. Sometimes my sims do get stuck in the jet bath though. Kind of glad we have scubaroo in a pinch. Sad I have to fire my maid to get this to work properly.

Message 89 of 338 (962 Views)

★★ Novice

Putting in my +1 that this is happening to me as well. Maid, kid goes to school and zoooooom into 3x randomly while I have two adults and a toddler at home. Seems to stop when kid comes back from school.

Message 90 of 338 (1,018 Views)